Author Topic: Recipe Review. Spicy BBQ chicken 'all in one 'meal. Quirky Jo's book page 107  (Read 11460 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Review of Quirky Jo's Spicy BBQ Chicken all in one meal. This is such a handy recipe as it is another of Jo's all in one meals. The rice cooks in the basket, while the veggies and chicken cook in the Varoma. You then add the marinade to the cooking water and thicken it for a sauce.
It is really tasty and having made it once will be even easier next time round.
Definitely a 5/5  

Sorry JD and CC I can't link on my iPad. My fingers are too fat.  :D

Forgot to add that I reduced the amount of chilli to 1 teaspoon, that was enough for us.
 ;D Linked JD  :-*
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:45:15 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A really tasty recipe we all loved it.I did increase the cooking speed to 2 though.I also added a bit of extra water when I took out the cooked rice and veggies as I felt there wasn't enough liquid to finish cooking the chicken.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline kmw

• View Profile
I made this tonight & agree it's a very tasty all in one meal.

I halved the recipe, 1/4 teaspoon chilli & only did enough veggies for 3 people & we still had plenty of rice.  I had boiled the water before I started the varoma part &  everything had cooked in 20 minutes.

Loving the all in one meals.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
I agree too. A very tasty recipe. I only used a few shakes of chilli powder and subbed 1/2 tomato sauce and 1/2 bbq sauce for the ketchup. Really enjoyed this. It will become a regular meal for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nice picture Kimmy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Yum Kimmy, your photo sells it for me.
Denise

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
We eat with our eyes ☺️

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
I've made this and it was yum.
will make it again  :)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
I made just the marinade from this recipe for some chicken wings (aka Bat Wings) for our halloween party and cooked them on the BBQ.  They were really really tasty. Makes me want to make the whole dish.  And soon.
;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
I made this today using sliced potato instead of rice etc.  For the veg I used up some broccoli florets and sliced cabbage, plus a large sliced carrot.  The veg/potatoes were cooked perfectly and the chicken was done in the specified time.

The only thing I added was a drizzle more honey to the sauce at the end and mixed in for a few seconds as I thought it was a bit too vinegary but when it was all served up my DH loved it and having a taste of the whole meal myself I had to agree.  :D
Won't hesitate to make again.  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
After reading your review I will put this on my menu for next week. I meant to do it earlier but forgot.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks very tasty Julie, my taste buds are tingling just looking at your lovely photo.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Thanks Cookie and Judy  :D  Sometimes we can be quite surprised at how things turn out, I know I am.  :)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Oh my! That looks deeliciousss Julie 😋😋

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Your food always looks so delicious Julie 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.