Author Topic: Green Breakfast Smoothie for Beginners like me! -dairy free  (Read 26494 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Green Breakfast Smoothie for Beginners like me! -dairy free
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 08:38:10 am »
I used to do that Jam, it works a treat. I also included the banana ;) ;D
Sorry to hear about the cholesterol but glad you seem positive :D :D

I was going to add the banana...but didn't have enough....will buy some more tomorrow :)

I'm not too worried about the cholesterol, it's not high enough to warrant medication (5.9) but a bit high for my age... I'm taking it as a challenge :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Percorsa

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2013, 06:53:19 pm »
I'm also a beginner and I liked this recipe so much, I like smoothies because they are quite simple to make) Here's my favourie green smoothie recipe:
1 cup water
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup kale
1/2 cup aloe vera juice - I don't use bottled juice but make natural one from the leaves, here's one of aloe vera juice recipe (last but one paragraph)
1/2 banana

Tear kale leaves off of stems and tear into small shapes. Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:09:37 pm by Percorsa »

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Green Breakfast Smoothie for Beginners like me! -dairy free
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 12:32:44 am »
Aloe vera juice sounds like a good addition... I'll have to try it :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 02:35:19 am »
Thanks for your first posting & recipe Percorsa.  Why not pop over to Introduce Yourself on the Home Page and tell us a bit more about yourself, how long you've had your Thermomix, where you live etc.  That way our members can officially welcome you to the forum.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.