Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 155661 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Keeping fit, staying strong
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:06:39 am »
Since moving Have been trying to walk an hour most days... But not always succeeding.

Not as active here as on farm, but want to stay strong.. And fit, and I find for first time in life am gaining weight, either hormones or  *: or both. However i am not eating more and have never dieted in my life so it is a shock to find clothes getting tighter!

Have dug out rebounder from pile in garage and am going to try to use that few mins several times a day as well as the walking.
I originally had it as rehab after accidents, used for post concussion and post # ankle. No room in last place for it.

Please help me keep it up and/or join me...?

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:32 am »
Oh Jess, you are so inspiring to all of us. :-* :-* :-*

I wish I had the time to walk more, and exercise, You are one Strong Lady.. After working 5 days a week, I just want to relax and cook.....

Have you ever tried a pedometer, Its amazing how much you walk normally through the day, without thinking.

.Help is here for you, with all of us... :-* :-* :-*
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:24:27 am »
Im up for it DJ. Had a hyster last year and am gaining weight like I don't know what. Need some company in a walk and a lighter diet.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:30:56 am »
DJ I have gained weight in the last six months and hate it.  :( I have never dieted in my life either and the only change that I have made is *:.
Making things that I never bothered with especially sweet things. Don't get me wrong I would enjoy the occasional dessert when out or entertaining but in general I was a savoury person. Since TMX I have been making and eating lots more sweet things because it's easy and also lots of pastry dishes again because it's easy and yummy. I walk for an hour most days but since coming back from holidays in September I haven't been walking everyday as normal. Need to get back into my routine again. Hate when I put on some clothes and feel tightness in the waist. I am determined that I am not going to buy a larger size in clothes and want to lose the excess before it gets worse.
 We have a small room with gym equipment but I get so bored on a treadmill or bike etc so I never use it. DH has also gained some weight too but he enjoys gym equipment whereas I can't be bothered with it. I will encourage you and anyone else who has the same problem and hope you will encourage me too  :D

mcmich

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:33:26 am »
Lets do it girls. A walk every day? We can do it.  :)

Mama Fergie

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:36:11 am »
Girlpower ;D ;D ;D Let's do it.
Walk every day and a lighter diet. Should be easier for us as going into summer but winter in northern hemisphere will be more difficult.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 09:39:40 am »
I'll join in with you ladies. I love to be involved in anything that involves health :)

I haven't exercised in a couple of weeks because I've been unwell. I'm still having some tests done but I need to get back into some gentle exercise and build my fitness up again.

Let's do it! :D

I wish we could all go for a walk together :-)) ;D

Mama Fergie

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 09:42:04 am »
Are you ok Amy?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:43:11 am »
I hope so MF! ;)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 09:45:13 am »
I've being thinking about exercising more lately, I too seem to have put on weight this year. I don't think I'd have time to walk an hour every day, but if I put my thinking cap on I'm sure I could find some way to squeeze in some more exercise.
Good on you Jess, I'll join you!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 09:54:50 am »
I admire you all. I'm dreading getting on the scales when I get home tomorrow.  I haven't touched any of the goodies we bought.
DH and I try to go for a walk each day for about 3 km.  it takes us about half an hour. We'll have to get back into it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 10:00:44 am »
I need to join in too. I ve put on weight since I bought my machine almost a year ago. The weather is getting warmer and none of my summer clothes seem to fit >:( last year, I used to go walking with my neighbour in the mornings, but we got slack and stopped going. We have started up Gain, but she can on'y come two days a week. You have inspired my to try to go for a walk even on the days that she doesn't. I'm even trying to cut back on the sweet things and a a glass of wine during the week.
Sorry about all the typos. Mynipad doesn't like me tonight :(
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Mama Fergie

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 10:06:30 am »
I have to say I enjoy a glass of wine with DH  in the evening and would rather cut out the sweet stuff than my glass of wine.
Wish we all lived close by and we could walk together as we would then encourage each other more. It's so much nicer walking and chatting than walking alone. At least I have my dogs but would get some strange looks if I was chatting to them about everything  ;D

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 10:14:09 am »
That would be lovely. I,m not a morning person and I find it really hard to motivate myself to get out of bed at 6.30. It's much easier to get up if you know that there is someone waiting for you to join them. I went by myself this morning and am planning to go tomorrow morning by myself again ( provided that the thunder Nd lightening has abated by then)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 10:17:33 am »
At least I have my dogs but would get some strange looks if I was chatting to them about everything  ;D

And even weirder looks if they talked back ;D ;D ;D