Author Topic: 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding  (Read 5622 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
2-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding
« on: December 15, 2017, 11:18:46 am »
Hi guys,

Christmas is very near... After a long time I am here today to share with you a very sweet, healthy and easy recipe. No refined sugar, no refined oil... Only persimmons and cacao powder... This could be a game changer when you aim to eat healthier but crave for something sweet. ;)

As some of you know I live in a small town in Italy. Our town becomes a persimmon paradise in this time of the year. You can see persimmon trees anywhere you go.

I am lucky enough to have friends with persimmon trees in their garden and some days back I've been given so many of them. So I've decided to prepare this easy peasy dessert.

VERY IMPORTANT TIP: We need only two ingredients for the recipe. Some very RIPE persimmons and unsweetened cacao powder. It is essential to use ripe persimmons in order to obtain the sweetness and the consistency we want in our pudding. Because there is a huge difference between ripe and unripe persimmon fruits in regard to taste and the texture!

As ripe persimmons have darker color, gel-like consistency and are very sweet, unripe fruits are, instead, harder and astringent because of their high tannin content. As they mature the tannin gradually disappears and the fruit gets sweeter and more aromatic.

If your persimmons are not ripe enough you can let them ripen at home. When they are ready the flesh will become completely soft, almost gel-like.

Here comes a tip from my mother in law to speed up the ripening process: Put your persimmons on a plate with their stem side down. Place 2 - 3 apples among persimmons. Put the plate in a bag and place it in a dark place at room temperature, for example inside a cupboard, until the fruits are ripe enough.

I've got this recipe from my dear friend Andrea who told me to use 1 tsp of cacao powder per persimmon.
 I prepared this pudding with 7 persimmons. It was enough for 7 people. Here are the exact ingredients..

Ingredients:
7 very RIPE persimmons ==> 1.150 g
7 tsp organic no sugar added cacao powder ==> 50 g

Preparation:

Wash and gently peel persimmons.

Place peeled persimmons and cacao powder in TM Bowl and blend until smooth for about 40 seconds, gradually increasing the speed to 10.

Transfer the mixture into serving cups. Store them in the fridge for at least 3 hours before you serve.

Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.

Enjoy...

Photos: http://bitkiselcafe.blogspot.it/2017/12/2-ingredient-chocolate-pudding.html

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pudding
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 11:51:40 am »
Hello farfallina, lovely to hear from you again.  I am a persimmon lover but we can only buy them in February - May here in Australia. This recipe sounds very interesting, 2 ingredients, wow.  It will be worth trying when the fruit starts to appear here.  Thanks for sharing such a simple recipe with us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:54:15 am »
That sounds and looks delicious farfallina. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 02:09:41 pm »
Hello farfallina, lovely to hear from you again.  I am a persimmon lover but we can only buy them in February - May here in Australia. This recipe sounds very interesting, 2 ingredients, wow.  It will be worth trying when the fruit starts to appear here.  Thanks for sharing such a simple recipe with us.

In fact I was wondering about that ... Our seasons are different...  Well... February is not so far away judy.  ;D I hope you enjoy this recipe when the time comes   ;) :-*

That sounds and looks delicious farfallina. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 05:41:04 pm »
Merry Christmas Farfallina🎄
Thank you for the recipe. I will lookout for ripe Permissions in the supermarket.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:10:40 pm »
Thank you for the recipe. I will lookout for ripe Permissions in the supermarket.

Well... You sure have my "Permission" Denise !  :D :D :D
I hope you enjoy it
Happy holidays 🎄 :-*

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 11:29:37 am »

I hope you enjoy it

LOL
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 01:31:21 pm »

I hope you enjoy it
LOL Auto correct has its own way sometimes  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.