Author Topic: 12wbt  (Read 66378 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: 12wbt
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 09:49:58 am »
Well done Katie and jam. Good luck wonder.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: 12wbt
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 10:53:22 pm »
Wonder,  I'm doing the Intermediate program for fitness and the regular weight loss program. I really like how the meals are balanced and you know you are getting all the nutrients you need.

The key is being organised.  When the menu plans are released I make some swaps then straight into online shopping to have it delivered.  I also prep as much as I can early in the week as I need to have it ready so I make good choices! 

I didn't think I would like the mindset videos but I do watch them and they are more motivating than I thought they would be. Good luck,  I'm sure you will like it :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 11:01:17 pm »
Thanks Jamberie, I think I'll be following the same program as you are doing so will be interested to hear how you go. I told the family last night and DS was horrified to think they might all need to eat "diet food". I'll really have to work on the menu plan side of things to balance out what I need to eat vs what the family will be happy with. I'm really looking forward to starting.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: 12wbt
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2014, 03:50:38 am »
Luckily the meal plans are super easy to customise. I just make sure I have enough pasta, rice, bread etc to fill up my DD (only three, so doesn't eat as much as your kids would) and DH has decided to follow my mral plan with a few extra snacks. The food is yummy, if you didn't tell them they probably wouldn't know you were on a diet,  just clean eating!
I wish I had tried a few of the recipes before I officially 'started' and made a few dishes to stock up the freezer... but I'm getting there. I look foreard to hearing how everyone finds it too :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 01:51:21 pm »
Good luck ladies. Great loss Katie.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 10:10:11 pm »
Jamberie and Katie how are you going? You must be coming to the end of your plan as mine starts in about 9 days.

I've started getting back to more exercise and concentrating on smaller portion sizes so I'll be more prepared for the start. Unfortunately DH's surprise 50th party is only 5 days in so I'm not going to have a good first week but should be right after that.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2014, 10:44:21 am »
Tomorrow is the last day of my 12 weeks Wonder.
I've enjoyed it and I've got into a routine of going to the gym and eating smaller portions.  I've lost 8 kgs, quite a few cm's and have gone down a size in clothes. 

I did want to lose 12kgs during the 12wbt, so I'm not entirely happy.  I did slacken off towards the end (I went to Broken Hill with my sister to visit Dad and to Melbourne with DH at Easter and I ate a lot more than I should have).  I also felt a bit stifled towards the end when it came to cooking.  I love finding recipes in books, online, from lots of places and it was hard to stick to 12wbt recipes, so I didn't!

I'm not going to sign up for another round of 12wbt, but I'm going to continue with the exercise, choosing healthy recipes and focusing on smaller portion size, so I hope to lose more weight.

Good luck when you start in 9 days time  ;D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 12:07:37 pm »
Congratulations Katie. 8kg is a fantastic loss. You must feel so good having gone down a dress size too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 12:11:11 pm »
Congratulations Katie. 8kgs is a fantastic effort. Don't kick yourself about the extra few. You'll get them off soon enough. Well done.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2014, 12:39:46 pm »
Wow Katie! You've done so well!

I started of really well, and then had a funeral (interstate) and never really picked up the exercise part...then there was Easter where we stayed with family and it would have been very rude to eat differently to the family so I reduced portion sizes where I could. -but I'm not using those as excuses, that's just life! I'm getting back into it again this week and hope to do more exercise.

I miss my usual cooking too, but have been using myfitnesspal to calculate calories if I really want to eat/cook something. I've still got 6 weeks to go and about a kilo per week to loose, so I'll see how I go. I'm not sure if I'll continue or not, but am very pleased to have started and highly recommend it :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 01:07:04 pm »
Well done girls.  Anything that gets us thinking about what is going in to our mouths and getting us moving more has to be good.
8 kilos is a fantastic loss, you must feel proud Katie.
Good luck Wonder.
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2014, 01:13:20 pm »
Well done Katie, you're looking good and with the knowledge and recipes up your sleeve you'll be able to continue until you reach your goal weight.  The pressure will be off though and you can do it at your own pace.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2014, 05:28:26 pm »
Well done Katie on your magnificent weight loss. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 11:43:49 pm »
Well done. Portion size and exercise will get you to where you want to be :)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 12:21:04 am »
Thank you ladies, you are all way too kind. I appreciate your support.
Portion control is the key for sure.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child