Author Topic: Steamed Syrup Puddings  (Read 3855 times)

Offline TM Essentials

• View Profile
    • TM Essentials - Accessories for your Thermomix
Steamed Syrup Puddings
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:18:50 am »
3 tablespoons golden syrup
70 grams plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
70 grams brown sugar
70 grams butter, room temperature
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Grease one Envy mold or 7 dariole molds generously with butter.
Measure 3 tablespoons of golden syrup equally into the molds.
Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar for 3 seconds on Speed 5.
Add the butter, eggs  and vanilla essence and mix at Speed 4 for 10 seconds
Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 5 seconds Speed 4.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the Envy molds.
Rinse mixing bowl and add 1 litre of water to bowl and set the Varoma into place.
Steam the puddings for 25 min/Varoma/speed 2.
When cooking time has finished tip puddings out of the Envy mold into serving bowls and serve with cream or ice cream.

Members' comments
LeaW21 - Lordy Lordy LORDY.... Had these last night and they are the best puddings I've had for years! I found the mix made 4 good sized puddings rather than 7 but there were only 2 of us eating them so there's still leftovers for today. Thanks so much for sharing this one with us... It's going to become a regular in our house.

JulieO - My family really enjoyed these tonight.  I made in 4 dariole moulds like LeaW21 did and reduced the sugar to 50g (and would try 40g next time as it is quite sweet), but it's a nice, quick little dessert that will be made again.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:05:46 pm by judydawn »
We are the experts for accessories for your Thermomix. From spatulas, cleaning brushes to carry bags. Visit us today at www.tm-essentials.com.au. TM Esssentials is not associated with Vorwerk
https://www.tm-essentials.com.au    https://www.facebook.com/TM.Essentials

Offline LeaW21

• View Profile
Re: Steamed Syrup Puddings
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:33:29 am »
Lordy Lordy LORDY.... Had these last night and they are the best puddings I've had for years!

I found the mix made 4 good sized puddings rather than 7 but there were only 2 of us eating them so there's still leftovers for today ;)

Thanks so much for sharing this one with us... It's going to become a regular in our house

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy  :-*

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Steamed Syrup Puddings
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:28:40 am »
My family really enjoyed these tonight.  I made in 4 dariole moulds like LeaW21 did and reduced the sugar to 50g (and would try 40g next time as it is quite sweet), but it's a nice, quick little dessert that will be made again.

(sorry, couldn't be bothered taking a photo tonight, just too hot to bother!)  ;D