Author Topic: Bacon & cheese rolls  (Read 146573 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Re: Bacon & cheese rolls
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 02:57:51 am »
Made vegetarian version - just cheese, cheese and kalamata olive, cheese and Sanitarium soya rasher. 
Everyone in the family love this.  In my fav list. 
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 08:09:25 am »
Good idea Denzelmum.  thinking.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Sharona

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:14 am »
Thank you, thank you, thank, you, thank you, thank you, thank you for this recipe.  I just made these and they look and taste every bit as good as the shop bought ones and for a fraction of the cost.  I haven't had much success with bread since moving to Australia but these turned out perfectly.  Can't thank you enough for posting this.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2010, 10:12:41 am »
I'd say Sharona really likes them Maddy  :D :D   I felt the same way when I did them Sharona, nothing I make ever looks that professional but they were better than the store bought ones.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Sharona

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 11:58:37 am »
Well as you said Judy there's about $20 worth of rolls there.  My son loves these and I had no fresh bread for his lunch tomorrow so he will now be having my home made ones  ;D ;D  Has anyone tried to make this recipe into a loaf?  The actual bread bit was yummy.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 01:12:25 am »
 I think Sharona does like them Judy!  8)  good to hear.

I can't remember who posted it  ???, but they blitzed some garlic and herbs to the dough and turned it into a plaited loaf.
All good fun in playing around with recipes.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 08:14:54 am »
I that was us Maddy, we made Shrek bread lol.  I blitzed garlic and parsley together and the bread had kind of a green tinge to it so we told the kids it was Shrek bread. I've done it again quite a few times since and after I did the plait, I sprinkled on some parsley (or sometimes just leave it out)  and heaps of grated cheese yummmoooo.  You could put a mixture of herbs in though. The kids gobble it up fresh out of the oven.  Reminds me of the garlic bread you get at baker's delight (there's is a plait too I think).

Great recipe, very versatile.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:17:14 am by Debbiebillg »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 10:11:53 am »
Shrek bread.....Love it!  :D will give that a whirl next time  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 06:27:04 am »
I made these for lunch today, but changed them slightly to make pizza rolls. I put tomato puree on first, then dried italian herbs and then the ham and cheese. A big hit with DH. He liked them better than the ham/bacon and cheese rolls I had been doing with a different dough recipe. Will stick to this one now, Thanks Maddy!  :D :D :D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 06:43:12 am »
That sounds lovely virgo9  8)
I will give that a go next time  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 07:28:46 am »
I just made these rolls (only got my TM today) and they are so so good. Thanks heaps for a great recipe. I'm very pleased with the result. It's the first time I have ever even tried making rolls. Definitly will make them again.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2011, 10:34:02 am »
Well dede.....I am impressed with your enthusiasm!  :)  I have been following your first day cooking adventures on your other thread.  Well done!

Glad you enjoyed the rolls  8)  there are so many wonderful breads on here, so try as many as you can  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 11:17:08 am »
Thanks Maddy, I am really enjoying myself. I forgot that I actually like cooking. Always seemed like a chore before TM arrived. Now I cant wait to try something new.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 11:40:29 pm »
Just love this forum. Another big hit with our kids friends for lunch. That and a fruit platter was all they needed.
Sue from North Queensland

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 10:40:52 am »
Maddy thank you for converting and posting such a great bread - I have had no end of issues with breads since getting thermie in June.  These little wonders were just perfect, infact I ended up with a pull apart, despite placing them apart on the tray, as they more than doubled in size with the 2nd proving - the Qld sunshine must have helped as I placed them in a sunny section of the deck. Thank you sooooooo much!  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.