Author Topic: Slimming World  (Read 15446 times)

Offline Mokinamolki

• View Profile
Slimming World
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:04:00 pm »
Hi thermomix lovers!

Anyone following the Slimming World plan?
I would love to gather some recipies for inspiration.
As soon as I cook one I'll let you know :)

xx Monica

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: Slimming World
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:27:55 am »
Sorry Monica, never heard of this diet.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:38 am »
Me neither Monica but if you're going to Thermomix your way to a slimmer you, then we'd love to see some of your conversions in this diet section in the future.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Frangapanni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 03:53:10 am »
I've been on a roller coaster with my weight for the last 25 years but now that I've been diagnosed with diabetes 2 I've changed all that. Basically my body doesn't process carbohydrates effectively. To get my levels under control  I had to cut out sugar. Amazing what you'll do when the prospect of injecting yourself every day is staring you in the face. That meant only 1 piece of fruit a day. Like a small cup of frozen blueberries or a punnett of strawberries. Now I  eat a protein rich diet. Like eggs for breakfast. Sometimes bacon. Lunch is salad with sliced turkey meat mixed in. I snack on begga cheese slices. Dinner is different all the time but basically some meat and locarb veges. I still have a coffee with Splenda every day and  I've lost 7 kgs in 2 months. I also use my exercise bike most days for 20-30 mins.  The good thing about having protein is it fills you up and your not hungry an hour after breakfast as I would be if eating cereal or toast.  The reason that it works is your body wants carbs and if your not eating them then it will go to its reserve tank and use that first. If you go on youtube there is a documentary called MY BIG FAT DIET.... Which explains it a little better.  Hope that helps.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 04:59:07 am »
Frangipanni I think the possibility of Type 2 diabetes is something that hangs over all of us that carry a few extra kilos. My weight and I have fought for about 30 odd years. I did lose a lot of weight but have put 7kg back on. I have now lost 2½kg of that, but am fearful of putting it back on.
My DB has been diagnosed with Type 2 but is silly and doesn't watch his food intake. His wife is exactly the same. Very silly.
Well done on changing your diet and I hope the weight loss continues.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline fhibler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 01:19:37 pm »
Hi Monica,
just wondering, if you were able to obtain some "Slimming World" Thermomix recipes?

Thanks,
Flo

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 01:30:52 pm »
Unfortunately Monica hasn't been active on the forum since 31st May Flo. :'(
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.