Author Topic: Hello from London  (Read 7919 times)

Offline Mully

• View Profile
Hello from London
« on: June 16, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »
Hi all

I took delivery of my TM 5 last Thursday.  I spent the weekend cooking up a storm!  I've made Tenia's Tuscan Almond Pesto, Lemon Curd, Asian Style rice, Porcini Mushroom pasta, Alyce Alexandra's Raspberry and white chocolate cupcakes, fresh Lemonade, frozen strawberry "ice cream" (made with quark).

I absolutely love it!  Such a great piece of kitchen kit. 

Apart from my new found "craft" I also knit, sew, make jewellery and love adult colouring in books (which help me de-stress when things get too much).

Looking forward to my TM journey!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from London
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 11:33:25 pm »
Hi Mully, what a great introduction you've posted.  Welcome to the forum. You're off to a great start with your TMX cooking, well done and thanks for sharing your experience with us.  I've only recently  heard of the new adult colouring in craze but  have yet to see any books.  Must check out the  newsagent next time I go shopping to see what it's all about.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:23:23 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mully

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 12:09:52 am »
Hi Mully, what a great introduction you've posted.  Welcome to the forum. You're off to a great start with your TMX cooking, well done and thanks for sharing your experience with is.  I've only recently  heard of the new adult colouring in craze but but have yet to see any books.  Must check out the  newsagent next time I go shopping to see what it's all about.

Hi Judydawn and thank you for the welcome  :)

If you can find Johanna Basford's "Secret Garden" it's a great book to start on.  The paper quality is lovely or Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom, they are both fabulous books.  There are quite a lot available now, with mandala drawings etc.  It isn't for everyone, I read a review recently where the writer was saying it just stressed her out and reminded her of being a child and being admonished for going over the lines!

A few years ago a friend introduced me to the a great book called "fat ladies in spaaaace - a body positive colouring book" by Nicole Lorenz which just tickled me.  I didn't buy it, but thought it was brilliant.  Then saw the Johanna Basford book and that was that.

I'm loving my TM and had never heard of it until a few weeks ago when by chance I was invited to a demo evening.  I'm very glad I was invited.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 02:22:12 am »
Welcome, Mully, to the world of TMX - it is the sort of thing you simply fall in love with and never look back - in fact, you will soon be wondering how you ever managed without one!  Great cooking for your first week, well done.

I have never heard of adult colouring in books either - I was terrible for going over the lines when I was young as well so haven't gone near a colouring in book for too many years than I care to count!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 02:59:32 am »
Welcome Mully, sounds like you have the TM 5 sorted, enjoy
Denise

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 03:06:50 am »
Welcome Mully, sounds like you will fit right in, lots of knitters, sewers etc(people who sew) lol sewers looks wrong some how.
I saw a piece on the news the other night, or maybe in the newspaper about teachers giving high school age students colouring books, they said it definately helped de-stress. I have seen some lovely colouring books at our local bookshop, must take a closer look. As a kid I was a perfectionist in not wanting to go outside the lines, wonder how I would take to it now.
With cooking, knitting, crochet & GK's my spare time is limited these days, that's not counting the usual chores and fitting in a walk or exercise of some description.
Enjoy your Theromix Mully, we are all so passionate about it!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 08:21:55 am »
Welcome to the forum Mully. You certainly have tried some great recipes in your new TM5.
I am another who hasn't heard of adult colouring books.I'll lookout for them although I de-stress by walking my dog. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 10:56:23 am »
Hello and welcome.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 12:17:53 pm »
Hello and welcome Mully. I have seen the colouring books you spoke of. I have seriously thought about getting one, how ever I don't seem to have enough hours in the day now.
Your thermomix adventures sound wonderful.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Hello from London
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 10:50:50 pm »
Hello and welcome Mully. I have seen the colouring books you spoke of. I have seriously thought about getting one, how ever I don't seem to have enough hours in the day now.

Me too Cookie, I almost bought the Secret Garden book but then I realised I had no time as it was and I didn't need to give myself something else to try and squeeze into the day.

Hello & welcome Mully.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum Mully.  What a wonderful start you have made.  When mine arrived I was scared stiff and worried I would "break" it, which is so funny to think back on now.  Can't wait to hear more of your adventures.

Offline Mully

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 10:45:08 pm »
Hi and thank you everyone for such a lovely warm welcome!

Sorry for delayed replies I've been up to my eyes in work after having said I de stress with the colouring books.

I don't use it a lot just at times when I think everything is getting too much and I need to just stop and take some time out.  Then I reach for one of the books and start.  Before I know it an hour or so has gone and I've been sitting down with tongue sticking out (in concentration) and frowning that I don't have enough colours in my pencils haha

I was never that good at staying inside the lines, but I wasn't ever obsessive about it so I don't mind if I go over the lines a bit here and there.  I've seen some people say "why destroy a perfectly lovely drawing by colouring it in" which is also a good argument, but I've seen some friends do some wonderful work inside those lines.

I've now also tried the frozen fruit ice cream (made using 0% fat natural greek yoghurt and a huge box of strawberries I got for a knock down 30p) which was utterly delicious, the beetroot salad went down a storm at a BBQ at the weekend as did the coleslaw (though I didn't like it so much - I felt it was almost too chopped up).

I really want to try Bacon Jam too

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 04:52:02 am »
Lovely to hear from you Mully. Keep up the colouring, I'm still very tempted to buy a book.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 04:53:42 am »
Hi Mully welcome to the forum sounds like you are going great with the TMX. I'm another recent convert to the world of adult colouring and have recently purchased one for my daughter who is going through a bit of a hard time and suffering some anxiety and it's really helped. Unfortunately The Secret Garden has sold out in Australia and we are still waiting on stock, I was able to purchase through Amazon UK for a London based friend but couldn't get ne here.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 06:08:02 am »
Hi and welcome :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url