Author Topic: Swedish meatballs - Meat on the Menu Cookbook  (Read 26258 times)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Re: Swedish meatballs - Meat on the Menu Cookbook
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 12:11:00 pm »
I have the recipe, thanks Debbie, I have a big bunch of dill growing in the garden, just need to get on and cook it now. Cant wait to try it, I will take on that tip CP as I find a l of the recipes don't go that far when you Are feeding hungry teens.

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 04:19:59 am »
Hi all,

I made these on the weekend and they worked quite well.  However there was so much sauce and it was so incredibly runny that it was quite off-putting. 

Has anyone been able to get the sauce to a gravy like consistency just by adding extra cornflour or do you need to reduce the liquid as well?

Thanks

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 06:26:22 am »
I'd reduce the liquid a bit asha and you can always add some more cornflour slurry to the sauce at the end of cooking if it is too thin.  I've made this recipe but I think I prefer the other one on the forum.  You will probably find the sauce thickens as it cools so if you make it in advance, it is probably quite OK when reheated in the microwave later.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 04:06:38 am »
Thanks judydawn...I might give that recipe a go next time and see if we like that version better!

Offline inthekitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 02:35:46 pm »
This has been my first big TM fail.  I was cooking lots of vege in the Varoma tray (with plenty of gaps) at the same time & it took well over an hr!  The final result was bland & a runny sauce.  I had heaps left & threw them in the bin.  I'll definitely never make these again.  Funnily enough though, I cooked the kids their batch earlier than the adult dinner & they loves them.   

Offline arluin1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2014, 09:23:09 am »
Hi everyone.  I know I am months (ok, over a year) behind the last post, and haven't read through all of them but..I bought my copy of MOTM in August and cannot find Swedish Meatballs in it anywhere. The index claims it to be on page 15 in line with what everyone else says but in mine I have Thai Chilli Pork Sausage Rolls, which incidentally is also listed in the index on page 15.
Has anyone else come across this?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:27:27 am by arluin1 »

North of the River, Perth, Western Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43:04 am »
I'll send it to you arluin, that's a strange one. Chilli Pork Sausage rolls is on Page 16 in my book.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.