Author Topic: Error 23  (Read 66405 times)

Offline Leann17

• View Profile
Re: Error 23
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2014, 07:02:36 am »
Thank you ladies - - - I've had a stressful hour trying to work out what to do with 'error 23'
Found your forum and conversation - have got some little black spots out of machine (obviously a dastardly cockroach!!!)
Will go to Woolies first thing Monday for 1 x LED light + some cockroach gel.
I asked hubby to make me a fine mesh cage to keep my Thermo in - - - he thinks I'm mad.  Will ask Dad - he knows I'm slightly eccentric but loves me anyway
 :D :D :D :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2014, 07:35:47 am »
I think a fine mesh cage would be very useful. It could even be decorative and start a new craze.  :D ;D
Is your thermomix working ok?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2014, 09:21:02 am »
Lucky Leann. If I am in bed I can see outside and if I do not see the light from the kitchen I have to get out of bed to turn it on. Not worth the risk. The gel is great to just put dots on the underside of the Thermomix. Also I have the pest controller puff some dust up the underside every six months. Try to squeeze the gel very slowly as once you have plunged the syringe fully you are out of gel so slowly and tiny amounts so as not to waste it.

You dodged a bullet this time.  ;D

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Online Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2014, 11:39:18 pm »
I hope I am not tempting fate by writing this, but my Error 23 seems to have gone away by itself.  Fingers crossed!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2014, 12:04:31 am »
I hope I am not tempting fate by writing this, but my Error 23 seems to have gone away by itself.  Fingers crossed!

Probably just moisture in your case cuilidh. Good one.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline samparsons92

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2014, 11:16:55 am »
Hi everyone. I work in Worcester, England in a hot kitchen and this 'error 23' also happened with our machine. i used a damp sponge to clean all over including underneath. then used a cocktail stick and scraped any food remnants from any gap/hole witch would lead to the motor and fan. switch it back on and is working perfectly again.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2014, 11:46:23 am »
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your experience of Error 23 with the rest of us.

I'd love to know what you make in the Thermomix at work.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2014, 01:16:30 pm »
Thank you for that information. Giving the machine a clean like that is probably something we should do every now and then anyway.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2014, 12:48:33 pm »
I am waiting for my TM to return from repairs. It started with error 23, then went to 31, 31, 52, oPEN, wouldn't turn off, had to turn it on and off again. I didnt know how I would go without it, and it kept working!! When it started to turn itself on, I then finally gave in and sent it away.. Before it died..

It was the speed dial mechanism that was broken. I though it was quite reasonable price for the repairs, also replaced 2 seals, bought a new blade and MC. Cost all up was $233, including transport.  Should be like new  ;D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2014, 01:39:41 pm »
I am waiting for my TM to return from repairs. It started with error 23, then went to 31, 31, 52, oPEN, wouldn't turn off, had to turn it on and off again. I didnt know how I would go without it, and it kept working!! When it started to turn itself on, I then finally gave in and sent it away.. Before it died..

It was the speed dial mechanism that was broken. I though it was quite reasonable price for the repairs, also replaced 2 seals, bought a new blade and MC. Cost all up was $233, including transport.  Should be like new  ;D

I think you did very well.

Gert

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2014, 06:22:12 pm »

I think you did very well.

This is good to hear , that is very reasonable. 

Gert

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2014, 09:26:03 pm »
Gert, I thought it would have been much much worse - originally just over $100, then I added new blades and MC. I will try and have the old blades sharpened. Nothing to lose, and they can be a spare .

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2014, 11:47:20 pm »
I have sharpened my old blades and they are working perfectly,  if I am cutting up any hard veggies I get the blades turning first then feed in the ingredients through the hole in the lid.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2014, 12:14:38 am »
I have sharpened my old blades and they are working perfectly,  if I am cutting up any hard veggies I get the blades turning first then feed in the ingredients through the hole in the lid.

AB, did you have them done professionally, or did you do them yourself  . . and what did you use?
Good to be aware of this - consultants take note!! ;) :D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2014, 03:48:29 am »
CP, I did them myself, they were so blunt I first run the edge one side only along the coarse side of my sharpening stone then I did the fine  side it's a bit fiddly and you can't get right up to the bends, and finally I worked them with a steel,  I have a few sharpening tools hanging around I might gather them up and see if one if them works easier,  but if they are really blunt I think the sharpening stone has to used first.  I used to work I a butcher shop many years ago and do know a little bit about sharpening knives.