Author Topic: Thermochef...  (Read 109036 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Thermochef...
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 11:25:07 am »
They look interesting. I think some good competition is always a good think as It may help bring the price down on the Thermomix making it more affordable to more people.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 11:47:09 am »
It will be interesting to hear about your results. Lovely to know you are keeping a bit of an eye on us. ;) ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 12:52:06 pm »
Interesting. The motor isn't as powerful as the TMX.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 12:56:35 am »
And what I could see it takes longer To set the time and speed etc where the Thermomix is one press of a button and off you go. Maybe I'm nitpicking but I do love my TM and can't imagin anything else to be as good.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 01:51:09 am »
I wonder if they will start a forum like ours - that could be an interesting read and give us a bit more of an insight into the machine.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 02:43:01 am »
Will let you know.

Probably would encourage them to come to our forum & see the benefits of the TMX ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 03:12:32 pm »
So...is anyone getting one to see what it's like? Like with all kitchen appliances, you get what you pay for - Kitchen Aid still seems to be the benchmark for a stand mixer. Probably better to get what one wants to start with rather than settle for second best - I know that's how I find things - if I don't get what I want, I still hanker for the thing I do want, so now, I just wait until I have have it because any other way, for me, is just a waste of money. Does that make sense? I'm waithing until I can afford that Kitchen Aid, and nothing else will do in the meantime.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 04:55:24 pm »
Sounds a good plan Thermomixer - let us know how you get on   ;)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 07:46:10 am »
the thermomix on ebay are yes cheaper but there is warning on the french site about buying them as there have been several cases of people paying and never getting the product...im sure a few are legit but there are alot of scams too!!!  The fact that some things are cheaper in europe or not I think is due to the fact also that it has been around alot longer here ie the thermomix and also you have to take into account the fluctuating conversion rates.  Also is there a factory in oz??  I dont know if there is a factory or not but if not that would also explain additional cost...France has its own factory...
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 09:49:16 am »
No factory in Oz Frozzie, ALL TMX's are assembled in France  ;) There is a warning on the OZ site too
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 02:08:58 pm »
No factory in Oz Frozzie, ALL TMX's are assembled in France  ;) There is a warning on the OZ site too

all thx's in the world or just for oz??? being german owned i thought there would have to be a factory in germany also??  The factory in France is about an hour from where I live!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2011, 05:23:26 pm »

all thx's in the world or just for oz??? being german owned i thought there would have to be a factory in germany also??  The factory in France is about an hour from where I live!

No other factories, all Thermomix are constructed in France  :)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2011, 05:36:29 pm »
didnt know that...my consultant never mentioned it either!!  Always learning something  ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 12:23:27 am »
I would much prefer to spend the extra few $$ to buy directly from Thermomix than one from eBay. I think when your spending that much money you really need the peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong that help is only phone call away. With eBay you would have to send emails and hope that they contact you back. But with out a warranty what can they do except replace the Thermomix, and I'm sure that wouldn't happen.

Offline Vonnie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 12:00:42 pm »
Just found these today in House Store ,first thing i noticed was there was no reverse button and that it looked like the older version they r doing an in store demo next week, might go see what it can do and report back, but with no reverse its not gonna be much in my house i use it all the time