Author Topic: Keeping fit, staying strong  (Read 156273 times)

mcmich

Re: Keeping fit, staying strong
« Reply #285 on: January 04, 2013, 09:07:15 am »
Glad you are on the road to a speedy recovery DG.

Have been on several long walks around Port Macquarie.  :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 04, 2013, 09:14:23 am »
That's great news Dublin Girl, I hope the rest of your recovery is just as speedy.

I went to a Bikram Yoga class tonight, it was hell but I got through most of it, here's hoping I feel great tomorrow.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 04, 2013, 10:13:24 am »
What is the difference between Bikram yoga and normal yoga Wonder?

I've been doing lots of swimming. 2.5km yesterday and 2km the day before :)

Where is Jamberie? ;D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 04, 2013, 10:22:01 am »
I'm here....*head down* I've been thinking about exercising every day, but I still have the 'hang over' from the ridiculous migraine I had the other day and I just don't want to set if off again. It was a bit better today so I think I'll be able to get on the exercise bike again tomorrow. My sister is a dietitian and she's going to help with the elimination diet so I can work out the triggers (I'm sure they're food related -cheese, alcohol, chocolate), but I need to wait to start my new job and get back into a routine before I attempt such a restrictive diet..... -thanks for asking after me :)

mmm, maybe I should get a yoga DVD!

Wow Amy, your swimming training is going swimmingly  ;D
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 04, 2013, 10:36:22 am »
LOL Jamberie ;D

I wish thinking about exercise burned calories ;) I don't blame you for not wanting to set the migraine off again. They're nasty things. Good luck getting back on the bike tomorrow and I really hope your sister can help you!

I had one of my best friends around today, she's a dietitian too :D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:34 am »
I had one of my best friends around today, she's a dietitian too :D

They're handy people to know :) My sister deciphers all our medical jargon for us (xrays, blood tests etc) before we go to the doctor, so that then we have the righ questions to ask....very handy. And she's great because she doesn't judge what anyone eats and she's all for everything in moderation- no fad diets etc
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2013, 10:58:22 am »
They are indeed handy Jamberie ;D I have another two dietitain friends as well as her, another friend who is an ICU nurse, and an auntie who is a Director of Nursing and also trained in midwifery ;D So I have all bases covered ;)
I like your sister already! Moderation is the definitely the key, and with everything in life, not just food :) :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:05 pm »
Hoping you get to the bottom of them Jamberie, I've never had one but my DH gets them and one of his triggers is corn chips. He also gets a lot more in September/October so we put them down to something in the air at that time of year. He does find if he gets too tired he gets them as well.

Amy, Bikram Yoga is done in a room heated to around 40 degrees with 40% humidity and is a set routine which goes for 90 mins and consists of 26 poses and 2 breathing exercises. From what I can tell to a very rigid form of yoga and is patented/copyrighted by its founder so you can only teach or have a Bikram studio if trained by them. I'm not really sure why I wanted to try this form of Yoga so much but they say you need to go to at least 3 classes in quick succession and then you will fall in love with it, I'm really hoping that's the case. I don't feel any different today although one of the girls in the class said I did really well for my first try as I managed to stay in the room and do at least 60% of the poses, the heat did get overwhelming though for the last 30 mins or so. I've got a pt session this morning so it will be interesting to see how I go with that. I certainly slept well after the class last night.

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 04, 2013, 10:21:10 pm »
Oh wow Wonder, that sounds more like torture to me! :o I can't exercise if there isn't breeze, air conditioning or a pool ;D
It sounds very hard. I hope you get some great benefits from it!! :)

Offline Dublin Girl in Oz

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2013, 12:42:31 am »
Recovering well -Physio had me climbing stairs at 7am this morning - should go home Monday! Having x-rays today just to make sure everything where it should be.   DD17 got ok from surgeon yesterday to go to Anglesea for a couple of days but to head to Geelong Hospital if any more bleeding but highly unlikely! Thanks for all the good wishes.

Dublin Girl in Oz
Sylvia - Melbourne

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2013, 12:58:02 am »
DGinO - that's wonderful news!!  Absolutely fantastic!  Here's hoping you just go from strength to strength!! :D :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2013, 01:56:52 am »
DG in OZ sounds good progress.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 05, 2013, 01:58:53 am »
Glad to hear you are recovering well DG :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 05, 2013, 10:01:33 am »
Good news DGinO that you're going home on Monday ;) I hope your DD stays well as well ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #299 on: January 05, 2013, 10:06:40 am »
Seems that you are on track DG - so good to hear that. Glad that DD is Ok too.  :D