Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 493644 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 12:03:18 am »
Yes the word Diet is horrible, I think change in life style is what I need. Just to break a few habits and start some good ones.
I don't think I need to pay anyone, or pay for anything to help me loose weight cause I know what I should and shouldn't eat. If I can avoid more of the bad stuff and exercise more I know I will loose weight.

Let the challenge begin :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

stacelee

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 12:35:26 am »
I've been good today.....two eggs for breakfast (I have developed a bad habit of skipping it...its hard to find the time before leaving at 6.30....I bought some protein shakes to keep in my office....they are better than nothing).  I brought sweet potato soup so that I don't give in when my husband offers to go to McDonalds and I've brought beef jerky to snack on (and some Matzoh's to keep in the cupboard if I really need!!!!! something to crunch on.)  Dinner tonight will be Lamb & Haloumi Pizzas for my husband and daughter and Lamb & Haloumi salad for me.  I've also planned out my menu for the rest of the week.  I want to get into some good habits before the insanity starts again in two and a half weeks.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 12:40:42 am »
Stacelee looks like you joining the challenge? Do you want me to add your name on the list.? You don't have to add any info if you don't want. I will just add you to the list.

stacelee

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 01:00:40 am »
Sounds great to me....I don't mind sharing the information....I'm over being embarrassed about my weight :P....unfortunately the good jewish russian/polish genes have a strong home in me and I am NEVER going to be a skinny little thing...I'll settle for being a healthy plump little thing.  I'm just grateful that my daughter seems to have inherited my husband's metabolism to go along with my height.  I'm only just 5 foot and about 25kg overweight so I'm doing this to get HEALTHY...although the fact that I've gone from a size 22 to a size 16/18 is a side benefit.  My feral fairy is 5 foot 1 and constantly rubs in that she has made it an inch taller than me....she does have the sense to not rub in the fact that she is 30 odd kilos lighter than me!

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 01:18:44 am »
Excellent Stacelee, I have added you to the list. Have you got a goal of how much weight you would like to loose?
I'm actually looking forward to the challenge, and I know we will get plenty of support from our forum buddies :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 01:36:07 am »
I've dieted on and off over the years and always found by sticking to a strict diet plan then going off it once the goal was achieved, I eventually put the weight back on + some.  It's the +some that I have never been happy about.  I know people who have paid big money to every diet company out there, even had their stomach banded and have ended up bigger than ever.  I prefer a lifestyle change which means portion control, less fatty, sugary foods, cut out soft drinks and take-away food, cut down on alcohol and you end up the weight you are meant to be.  It can depend on the gene pool you were lucky or unlucky enough to have come from I feel. We have to have treats from time to time but treating all day is out   ;)  Finally, if you are happy in your skin, then what's to worry about and that's where I am now and have been since I stopped wanting to be a size 10.  I'm happy with a size 12/14 for me at my age - there is nothing worse than seeing an elderly woman looking like a stick figure needing a good feed.

Good luck with your goal Mandi, I will be with you in spirit and watch with interest  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 01:51:25 am »
Good luck everyone :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 02:13:34 am »
Good luck stacelee & dede,

When I worked I used to take porridge packets to work.

Exercise is a must >:(

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 02:16:39 am »
I'm fully supporting you girls in this challenge. I know you can do it! ;)

I completely agree with Judy, because that's how I lost all my excess weight. Its about making changes to your lifestyle that you can maintain for the rest of your life, and also focusing on "health" rather than "diet". There's no point cutting down calories to the extent that you can't meet all your nutritional requirements, otherwise your health with deteriorate in other ways! :o
And let's face it, diets make you miserable, tired and grumpy (or was that just me?) :-))

Hally is absolutely right in saying that exercise is a must as well. Just remember that any activity burns calories, so you can do anything that you enjoy as long as you're moving :D

If there are any ways you girls think I might be able to help you in this challenge, just say the word :) :-*

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2012, 02:44:52 am »
Cleaning the house counts? Right? Lol
I think I'm a pretty active person. I'm fussy around the house (inside and out) although don't like being outside too much in this weather :)
I have a big family to keep up with so I'm always on the go. I think it's the quick (not so healthy snacks) in between doing everything where I come un stuck the most. If I can just change the way I eat I will be laughing.
And my doctor said that the more weight I loose the better my Achilles Tendonitis will become. I have decided I am not having plaster again on the other foot, I just couldn't stand it again. So weight loss is what I am going to try.
I was looking at photos of myself when the older kids were young and I was much smaller then :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 03:06:18 am »
Weren't we all Mandi  ;D  Each child seemed to add a few kilos to my weight so I was glad I stopped at 2  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

stacelee

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2012, 03:12:03 am »
I'm only a couple of kilos heavier now than I was when I had my daughter....:)...happy dance....another twelve kilos until I'm the same weight as when I had my son (17 years ago :( ).  I actually lost weight when I was pregnant with him (I was a couple of kilos lighter when I came out of hospital than when I fell pregnant)....unfortunately the same wasn't true for my second pregnancy and it has been all downhill since then.

I'm hoping that life will be a little saner after November 16 (end date for Grade 12 in QLD) and I'm committed to getting on the treadmill every morning then....I'm being realistic now that I'm not going to be able to stick to an exercise schedule while I am putting in 11 hour days and I'm not going to stress myself by trying.  I've really enjoyed the last three days where I've been able to leave home at a much more sensible 8am....and my garden and washing are appreciating it too.  Unfortunately in two and a half weeks, we are back to a "normal" routine.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 04:11:10 am »
oh dear, I'd had brekky (Green Smoothie so thats good) before I read this, so I will weigh myself tomorrow. I'm going for 20kgs. For lunch I will have some of JD's Chicken & Vege Soup, mid way arvo snack will be "choc" smoothie (listed on the topic "go the green smoothie") and an orange, and tea is going to be crumbed cutlets, mashed potato, and veges on the side (which I've been meaning to make since Monday). No dessert, or glass of wine.

Summary:
Brekky: Green Smoothie
Lunch: Chicken & Vegie soup
A. Tea: "Choc" smoothie, orange
Dinner: Crumbed lamb snitzels, mash potatoe, veges
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 04:18:28 am »
Yay CP, that's 3 of us now.
Imagine how good we will feel in a few months time.
I turn 40 next year and would love to be at my goal weight by then and keep it off :)

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2012, 04:19:45 am »
I'd love to join in here- hopefully with some motivation/inspiration/thermie healthy meal ideas. This coincides for me with the first week of fat club with a group of friends where we text in our weight each week on a Friday, so I am happy to post my weight loss- hopefully not gain each fri and discuss other things I am doing. I have recently had back surgery which followed on from 2 years of chronic back pain and perpetuated a cyle of the inability to exercise. Now my back is feeling better I am determined to walk an hour each day or head to the local pool to have a swim. Balancing it all with family and work is a challenge but I am sick of being in my heavy body regardless of how tall I am! I want the recentish arrival of Thermie to coincide with a newer wholefood healthy approach. I find I am being quite strong so far- baking for my hubby and child but not partaking in the eating! Really Really want to shift this weight! :)