Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038639 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #21210 on: January 18, 2018, 06:28:28 am »
That’s lovely of you to settle your Aunt in her new home Michele.  It may pay to padlock the display cabinet though, I don’t have anything of value in our rooms to prevent any temptation.  I bought Mum some costume jewellery to wear, not that she has much of value anyway but you just don’t have to worry if you do this.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21211 on: January 20, 2018, 08:50:59 pm »
Michele, you are such a kind and thoughtful person.  Well done and I am sure deeply appreciated.
Good idea to have a professional cleaner come in .
After eating out for the week, it is nice to do some cooking.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #21212 on: January 21, 2018, 04:57:07 am »
That’s lovely of you to settle your Aunt in her new home Michele.  It may pay to padlock the display cabinet though, I don’t have anything of value in our rooms to prevent any temptation.  I bought Mum some costume jewellery to wear, not that she has much of value anyway but you just don’t have to worry if you do this.

Thanks for the tip Judy, the cabinet is an old fashioned one and has a key lock. I left the key in the door  :-)) because that is where it has always been on a lovely tassel. Will take that out tomorrow when I see Aunty Joan. Hospitals/nursing homes attrack weirdos and thieves (and that's the staff).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:59:26 am by mcmich »
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21213 on: January 21, 2018, 08:04:34 am »

Thanks for the tip Judy, the cabinet is an old fashioned one and has a key lock. I left the key in the door  :-)) because that is where it has always been on a lovely tassel. Will take that out tomorrow when I see Aunty Joan. Hospitals/nursing homes attrack weirdos and thieves (and that's the staff).

LOL
Mich you are such a sweetie. It is very hard leaving someone at a nursing home, no matter how frequently you visit. You are leaving them in someone else's care. You are right about the key Judy. Mum never had anything valuable with her and if she needed something she would ring and I would take it the next day when I called in on the way home from school. MIL keeps saying people steal her money but I think she forgets where she puts it a lot of the time.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21214 on: January 21, 2018, 01:58:36 pm »
I hope your Aunt settles quickly into her Care Home Michele. It sounds as though you have her surrounded by her favourite belongings.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21215 on: January 21, 2018, 08:30:12 pm »
Jobs around town, (Ballarat) today.
Have really enjoyed the tennis.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21216 on: January 22, 2018, 03:34:41 am »
I take a small interest in the tennis but I have loved watching the BBL cricket, especially when the Scorchers win by a tiny bit in the last few minutes.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21217 on: January 22, 2018, 02:41:47 pm »
I went to the hairdressers today.  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21218 on: January 22, 2018, 08:09:53 pm »
I gave the neighbour who looked after our Chooks some jam, sauce and SD bread. The sauce was a rather strange concoction of plums, apple and tomato and I was wondering what people would think.  He said they loved it.   This is handy as the the plums and apples are home grown and later the toms will be also.
The SD doesn’t like this weather and took 24 hours to double. The slow ferment produced a very tasty loaf.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #21219 on: January 22, 2018, 10:54:47 pm »
I enjoy watching the mens tennis, I can't stand the screeching women.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21220 on: January 23, 2018, 04:09:15 am »
I have been looking at the plums I picked this morning.  So I thought I might give this odd sauce a go in the TMX. I must be extremely stupid to have made it originally on stove top.  although I had to modify and reduce the recipe, I ended up with a better consistency and the same number of jars.  It was also simpler.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21221 on: January 23, 2018, 04:11:18 am »
Plum, Apple and tomato spicy sauce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21222 on: January 23, 2018, 05:00:32 am »
Its a gorgeous colour Chookie and I'm sure it  lovely taste as well. I'm glad it went well in the thermomix.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #21223 on: January 23, 2018, 06:31:35 am »
Out on a walk today - half way up the street when a young boy (maybe 7) whizzes past me on his bike.
"hello" he calls out - "hi", I reply (not a big fan of children-and they sense my fear). 2 minutes later he speeds back past me and I'm thinking he's going to come acropper. Next minute, I hear a very loud scream and wailing (did debate whether or not to keep walking and not look back). Here he is sprawled out on the road. Went back - he's telling me he has broken his foot and I think that was a pretty good diagnosis without an X-ray. I piggy backed him home, which thank goodness was only 6 houses back. Tears, snot and saliva soaking into my T.Shirt  (so grose). Delivered him back to his uncle that was looking after for the day (I haven't met this neighbour) turns our he has broken several small bones in his foot.
I did ask him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He said a fireman. So I told him to remember the old lady that saved his life when he broke his foot.  ;)
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21224 on: January 23, 2018, 08:39:17 am »
Oh Michele your last sentence did give me a good belly laugh, thanks for sharing your story. Ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:36:21 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.