Author Topic: Brons Diet! Its working.....  (Read 22525 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Brons Diet! Its working.....
« on: August 03, 2009, 05:54:49 pm »
Folks just to let you know 6 weeks and 6 kilos. I am sooo delighted, and I feel great! I know some of you are interested so I will run through the diet and then gradually post some of the yummy recipes when I get a chance, but I am sure that you can all use your imagination to make up gourmet low calorie meals with the help of our BIMBY!

Basically the diet is very easy, even easier with Thermomix! ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

Breakfast 2 wholemeal toasties or ryvita type with cottage cheese or turkey ham
1 small glass of freshly made juice, apple, pear, kiwi, orange etc about 200gr
coffee or tea made with skimmed milk, no sugar

Mid morn snack Fruit or fruit juice. About 200gr. Approx. apple,pear, peach, apricots, plums, cherries, strawberries, mandarins, melon, watermelon or a small tin of pineapple in its juice, no added sugar. (This is what I take to work every morning, as its easier to keep!)

Lunch Steamed veg or salad or soup, gazpacho followed by beef, chicken, white fish, oily fish (only 3 times a week) or shellfish.
low fat Yoghurt. Tea.

Mid pm snack Fruit juice or fruit

Dinner Steamed veg, soup, cream of.....,  Followed by either White fish, chicken, turkey, omelette, shellfish. Low fat Yoghurt. Tea.

Drink at least 1 and a half litres of water a day!
Use 20gr of Olive oil per day
Recommended veg: green leaf veg, brocoli, pumpkin, courgette, aubergine, celery, onion, spring onion, cabbage, cauliflower, mushrooms, endive, asparagus, lettuce, tomato, parsnip, turnip, cucumber, peppers, radish.
Veg like artichoke, brussel sprouts, green beans, peas, sweetcorn, leek, beetroot and carrots ONLY twice a week.
Oily fish like tuna, sardines, swordfish, salmon ONLY twice a week
Shell fish, unlimited.....prawns, oysters, squid, octopus, clams, crab, lobster, mussels etc
White fish: unlimited like cod, sole, monkfish, hake, haddock, trout, etc
Eggs: max 3 or 4 yolks a week (I only eat 1) but as many whites as you like. My freezer is full of egg yolks now to make ice cream for the kids! ;D ;D ;D
Meat: chicken & turkey no skin, can be roasted grilled or steamed, beef, rabbit. Hamburgers made of beef or chicken, sausages too!
No sugar, nuts, honey, jam, chocolate, cakes, biscuits, bread, pasta and potato.
NO alcohol! Only the occasional diet coke or alcohol free beer!
Try and do a little more exercise, like walk 1 hour a day. (I go swimming and do aquafitness 3 times a week)
Use lots of herbs, vinegar, garlic and spices to brighten your diet! And use your THX to make all your lovely soups and steam your fish and veg!

I will post some of the lovely recipes of things I have made. When I grill the king size prawns, I peel and save the bits and then make a lovely fish stock with that add some veg and some chilli! Divine!
Stuffed augergines, filled with meat and peppers (a bolognese type) and then grilled with diet bechamel sauce (made in THX) & low fat cheese. Lush!

Use your imagination its easy when you put your mind to it. In fact both me & DH are eating more now than before. We have just cut out the little snacking and bits and pieces, but we eat huge 3 course lunches and 3 course dinners, and we have both lost 6 kilos each! 1 kilo a week!
HAPPY DIETING!!
Amanda

Spain

Offline bron

• View Profile
Re: Brons Diet! Its working.....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 06:19:51 pm »
An example of what to eat week one!
Monday Lunch: nice big salad, lettuce, tomato, carrot, asparagus, bean sprouts etc, grilled or 1/4 roast chicken (no skin)and yoghurt & tea
           Dinner: Artichoke hearts, sauteed with spring onions and garlic, Omelete with 1 yolk and 2 whites and some turkey breast and
           grilled tomato, yoghurt and tea

Tuesday Lunch: Mushrooms sauteed with garlic and parsley, steak with asparagus, yoghurt and tea
            Dinner: Tomato salad, with tin tuna and 100gr white low fat ricotta type cheese, yoghurt and tea

Wednesday Lunch: Big colourful salad, 2 chicken burgers, yoghurt and tea
             Dinner: Sauteed spinach with prawns, grilled crab or lobster, yoghurt and tea

Thursday Lunch: Roasted veg, cougettes, aubergine, tomato, onion, red pepper. Salt baked sea bream. Yoghurt & Tea
             Dinner: Veg soup/broth, Omelette made with 1 yolk and 2 whites. Tin of tuna and small tomato. Tea

Friday Lunch: Big salad, Chicken kebab, marinated in herbs and spices. Yoghurt and tea
             Dinner: Green beans sauteed with some serrano ham, no fatty bits. White cheese ricotta type. Tea

Saturday Lunch: Stuffed Aubergines, stuffed with bolognese and grille dwith cheese and sauce. Yoghurt and tea
             Dinner: Grilled cougette, grilled squid, yoghurt and tea

Sunday lunch: Big salad, grilled King prawns, fresh Pineapple   
             Dinner: Fresh fruit salad 

This is just an example of one of my diet weeks. Lots of food, and very adaptable, but just so you get an idea.
Please ask if you have any queries......
You can change any soup for gazpacho etc but keep the salads to lunch time and cooked veg for dinner to avoid any gases (farts!) :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:22:29 am »

NO alcohol!

OMG - well, may have to try  :-\ :-\

Congratulations again
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 04:42:14 am »
sounds great bron! congrats!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 09:20:45 am »
Will have to come back to this.  I'm doing protein shakes and calorie counting atm and it's painful
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:17:47 pm »
Lexi, I have lost 14 kilos, and dropped 2 or 3 dress sizes (depending on shop/item) and the best thing is it staying off!!!! I can eat what I like now all weekend, and during the week or at least 4 days stick to the diet. Its easy!
Amanda

Spain

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 10:43:20 am »
14??? Wow well done.  I've been calorie counting this year and calorie burning and omg it's hard to lose weight.  Protein shakes do not agree with me with no gallbladder either which makes it hard too.
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA

Offline SydneyMama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:40:34 am »
Bron congratulations, 14 kilos is an amazing loss. Well done to you!!
Since getting my beloved TMX in January I have gained 8 kilos  :o I just love using my machine and cant resist tyring things from the EDC book and this forum. I am now on the hunt for diet recipes to make in my TMX.
What a great job you have done with your diet, I look forward to your recipes.
Carolyn

Offline KLC79

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 03:30:06 pm »
Hmmmm I dread an 8kg or more gain coing my way too BUT I am seriously trying to count claories and excercise heaps. So hard when my beloved new TM is calling to me to try new things all the time! My freezer is chocka block full, I mae, have a little, freeze or give away otherwise I will gorge!!!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 03:43:24 am »
Yes, it is toooooo easy to cook good food with the TMX.  Need lots of hungry friends.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline ozrockit

• The Wilson's in Kal
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix Goldfields and Kalgoorlie
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:07:48 am »
sorry mate you lost me @ no alcohol... LOL, the rest sounds great.
Preach the Gospel wherever you are, when necessary use words
St Francis