Author Topic: Instant Strawberry Foam  (Read 54527 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Instant Strawberry Foam
« on: May 28, 2009, 05:48:30 pm »
Strawberry Foam:
serves 4:
Ingredients:
300g frozen Strawberries
150g icing sugar
2 egg whites and 2 teaspoons lemon juice

Preparation:
Blitz sugar to make icing sugar, then add strawberries and blitz on 6 for 30 seconds. Scrape down, place butterfly on blades, add egg whites and juice all in together! Program approx 2 mins speed 3 and 1/2! Delicious strawberry foam! Wow! Can be frozen, or apparently can keep in fridge for a while too. Although have not managed to have any leftovers yet to experiment!

Photos:

Tips/Hints:
Can be made with other frozen fruit, like pineapple, peach, banana and mango. Not too sure about other fruits, would like to try out with granny smith apple, bet that's lovely!

Members' comments
Rowyfo - I tried this with mango, ooh it was nice indeed.

Gralke - A friend shared this recipe in another (portuguese) forum I visit and I have made this many many times
wonderful.  I always add a frozen banana to make it creamier - did it once to make up for too little strawberries and now we prefer it that way.

brazen20au - i did an extra 2 mins at speed 4 and WOW and YUM and DROOL!!!!! kids all love it too! yay!!!! This one would be PERFECT for demo's.

JD - I made this today as an extra dessert and it worked out beautifully (even though I forgot to put the banana in it).  However the 3 grand-kids didn't like it . I enjoyed it and DH ate all his but didn't comment.  After the first family left DH decides to tell me he REALLY liked it and couldn't understand why the kids didn't.  Wish he had said he liked it in front of them though. Put the leftovers in the freezer then the next lot of visitors got it too, albeit in a frozen form.  They all loved it - GD and baby GS gobbled theirs up. How different families are - first lot were DH's, second lot were mine.

Gert - Too easy and delicious.

cookie1 - We loved it. I actually used only half the quantity of sugar and I froze the bit of strawberry foam that was left. It makes a lovely ice-cream, it doesn't set really hard and is easy to serve. Very nice and another use for strawberry foam. I'm going to try mango in the next few days, as foam and ice-cream.

Chelsea - The fruity dream recipe from the EDC (a very similar recipe) has just 60g of sugar and I find that sweet enough.

Meagan - yummo just made the strawberry and banana combo mmmmmmmm. Thanks Bron.

Shayla - When I make mango or pawpaw sorbet I add some lemon rind to the sugar and usually put half a lemon in too - this would probably help make the mango foam less sweet?

Nay-nay - We loved it here!! Thought it was little like crepe filling so made crepes to wrap around it and fresh strawberries on top. MMmmmm!

Sundari - made the strawberry and banana foam - strawberries weren't frozen so did an extra 2 min on speed 4 and came out just like the photo's. Would also reduce the sugar next time as it is very sweet. Have frozen some to try that tomorrow.
The foam kept well in the fridge ( haven't tried the frozen portion yet) and was very nice on my scones instead of jam and cream.
This makes great light fluffy dairy free ice-cream both the strawberry and orange versions tried so far.

Sim - I just made banana foam! So lovely and creamy... with no dairy, yay. It would be nice with vanilla. I just used sugar, frozen banana, and egg white. I didn't measure anything either, lol!  It was really yum. I was wondering if it would work with frozen yogurt cubes instead of fruit. I can eat yogurt but not milk, so I am curious. Might give it a go soon.

cookie1 - I freeze the leftover Strawberry foam and then eat it as soft serve ice-cream.
Try fresh banana with frozen yoghurt cubes or if you use both frozen add a bit of liquid yoghurt to help it blend.

Thermomixer - 70 % frozen and 30% liquid is the general rule ( I think - but don't quote me).

mel81q - This is a great recipe - having had a few failures, i was pleased to say that this tasted absolutely lovely and it looked just like the photos. Even my fussy brother in law went back for thirds - needless to say everyone else was disapointed there wasn't more!!!! Thanks for a great recipe.

CarolineJ - Made this today, OMG it was divine!  Will probably reduce the sugar next time though.

Angela - I made this tonight with frozen raspberries, very nice indeed but very rich! I might try the Fruity Dream in the EDC next time and see how it goes with one egg white.

ILB - My goodness!!!! This is divine!  Mum and I sat there thinking of so many other uses while we enjoyed a bowl each....
You could blind bake some little pastry cases, when cooled, add some foam and top with a little bit of chosen flavour fruit as an easy dessert/finger food/work morning tea idea... or on piklets
Used in a sponge as the filling in between the layers.
Use instead of cream in the butterfly cakes.
Fill a chocolate basket with this and matching fruit for a divine dessert.
Loved the scones with this idea instead of jam and cream. Would be wonderful in crepes.
DD didn't like it originally but ate it frozen (on the promise of home made vanilla ice-cream to follow).

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:51:10 am by judydawn »
Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Instant Strawberry Foam
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:44:25 am »
Sounds deliciously light and moorish.  A bit like a syllabub without the cream and calories.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 01:00:53 pm »
 :P Ohhhh that sounds good! Might have to give that a go very soon!

Thanks Bron!! :)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:01:08 pm »
Its very impressive! And very nice, would be lovely with mixed frozen berries! Mmmmmmmmmm! :P
Amazing how it whips up even with all the frozen fruit in there, you just cannot imagine!
Amanda

Spain

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:44:37 pm »
Do you think if you put a touch of balsamic and black pepper in (possibly in place of the lemon), that it would enhance the strawberry flavour?

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 02:38:37 am »
Mmm I have some frozen mango that I really should do something with. This recipe looks wonderful :)
Row

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 06:25:49 am »
Do you think if you put a touch of balsamic and black pepper in (possibly in place of the lemon), that it would enhance the strawberry flavour?

Good call Katya - think maybe half of the lemon juice, about 1/2 tsp balsamico (depending on variety used) and some freshly ground black pepper.  Great combination.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 06:47:39 am »
I tried this with mango, ooh it was nice indeed :)
Row

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 05:08:13 pm »
A friend shared this recipe in another (portuguese) forum I visit and I have made this many many times
wonderful
Barbara

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 03:57:01 am »
Oh, that looks so impressive. :P :P :P :P :P (licking)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 06:54:20 am »
Nice work - looks delicious.

I was going to say to Quirky Jo on my blog that you could use egg whites instead of cream with the beetroot and chocolate.  Then I saw this and am sure that it would work.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 08:37:21 am »
I bought some slightly cheap strawberries this morning so I plan to put some in the freezer and make this. Hope it looks as good as the picture.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 11:07:00 am »
Does it taste like and have the texture of soft-serve icecream?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 12:25:32 pm »
Judy, its a little softer then soft-ice cream when first made, the eggwhite foams it up and it does not have the structure of soft icecream. I then place it in a container to freeze and it becomes firmer - that's the best I can explain - sorry!!!

Good luck Cookie1, you will be surprised as how easy and quick its made.

I forgot to say that I always add a frozen banana to make it creamier - did it once to make up for too little strawberries and now we prefer it that way.
Barbara

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 03:47:28 am »
Thanks,

It looks yum!!!

Trudy