Author Topic: Is your thermomix gender specific and does it have a name?  (Read 8811 times)

*jo*

Is your thermomix gender specific and does it have a name?
« on: November 07, 2010, 02:49:13 am »
I have noticed some members referring to their Thermomixers by name and just plain old curiosity lead me to ask the question.

I must say with the two year anniversary of my pruchase a week away, it is still "the Thermomix" and like most pokemon is neither male nor female, LOL

Just interesting to see if anyone would like to share, :)

xxx

Offline petit4s

• View Profile
Re: Is your thermomix gender specific and does it have a name?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 03:11:53 am »
My thermomix doesn't have a name and is neuter. I love it, but I've never named it nor have I thought to name it. To each, their own. I don't think any of my "things", no matter how loved, is given a name. I do have nicknames for most of the people i love, though.

Btw, when I read this post out to my daughter, she advised that after the first generation, pokemon started being gender specific in the second generation. I wonder if anyone has given their tmx a pokemon name?

*jo*

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:42 am »
Whilst I don't name things when we had the threat of fires here last week and I was doing my mental list of things to pack just in case, the thermomix would have had a spot in the car,  ;)

I have a child obsessed with Pokemon and kudos to your daughter petit4s, that is why I said "most" pokemon...I would never hear the end of it if I got that simple fact incorrect LOL

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 03:18:16 am »
Yes, mine is a he and is called Termite. There is a similar discussion here.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1009.0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:27:26 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 03:57:07 am »
I haven't named or given it a gender yet.  Mind you my DD1 just calls it "The Machine" so I guess it has kind of been given a name after all.

Offline petit4s

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 05:21:36 am »
jo, I'd be the same as you and make sure my tmx was in the car, as well. I also have a bag of ingredients always packed to go so where ever we go, I know there's a meal in the bag as long as I have a power point and some water.

Offline Terri

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 05:43:26 am »
I also have a bag of ingredients always packed to go so where ever we go, I know there's a meal in the bag as long as I have a power point and some water.

Now that is organised!!, we are about to move further out to a property and have been thinking about our fire evac plan and what to take, i certainlty wouldnt leave Thermie at home as he is a vital member of my kitchen. I do wish i had called him Dobbie as i saw another member did, but i can't change it now he has been Thermie for a yr now  ;D DH calls it my "spaceship" lol. What type of things do you have in your ingredient bag?? Do you take your TM out alot, i dont take Thermie out much so i would have to be careful what i put in my emergency food bag or we'd evacuate and have off ingredients lol now that would be fantastic lol

Offline petit4s

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 08:59:32 am »
Hi Terri,
I wish I could say the ingredients bag idea was mine, but it was my consultant's. She has everything in her bag to make nearly everything needed for a demo, plus extras. I do the same and have that bag pack near the door to the car, so can grab it if I need to. pasta fagioli and risotto ingredients are in my bag without fail; flour and yeast for bread, chick peas for hommus, olive oil, tahini...i buy the smaller bottles of oil and little containers for sugar, salt, that sort of thing. i also have red lentils so we can have soup in less than 20 minutes if we can find a few veggies. I learnt this all from my consultant, so I give her the credit.

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 09:36:14 am »
My thx doesn't have a name either. Neuter. I love it and it's part of the family and will be in the car if we had to evacuate. I also have a bag of ingredients...also inspired by my consultant (same girl??). She travels light even though so many dishes come out of that bag - I've seen other demos and some consultants bring so many bags it's scary. I'm with the one bag does it all.

Offline debs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:37:46 am »
Ours is gender neutral but called the 'termomixer'.   My son also likes it when we use the termomixer's hat - known to you all as the varoma! lol    :D

Offline opi2kenopi

• View Profile
    • The Opies: Family Food
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:43:34 am »
Ours is gender neutral but called the 'termomixer'.   My son also likes it when we use the termomixer's hat - known to you all as the varoma! lol    :D
Termomixer's hat - that is gold!  I'm yet to get my TMX yet, hopefully getting it in the next couple of weeks.  I'll have to work on a name before then.  This topic might give me an idea or two...  I wonder what my DS1 (2 yrs) will think of it???

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 10:39:26 am »
I've only had mine for less than a week but already she's Thelma.  I don't as a rule name machines but Thermomixer is SUCH a long word.

On the gender front, only a woman could do so much, so well, so of course, she's a she! :o

Nik

(I'm going to be in trouble for this aren't I??  ;D)
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 12:52:30 pm »
Yep, when Mr Thermomixer comes back on he is bound to have something to say. He may well agree with you though  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 01:07:56 am »
Mine is Alice ...obviously she is female, she got that name before she even arrived, during my "justifing" the cost and benifits to my husband, he asked if it would cook meatloaf, when I told him, yes she could he replied that I better call it Alice after Alice in the Brady Bunch that did all the cooking ( and always seemed to be cooking meatloaf )
I took that as a green light to go ahead and order it!!!