Author Topic: Maddy's Chocolate Hot Cross Buns  (Read 26288 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: Maddy's Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 03:53:07 am »
I made these today too!
I added the choc chips after kneading and kneaded for a minute, but found the chips disappeared!  Will make the dough next time and then add the chips after proving, as suggested. 

Still yummy though!!  Not many left and they only came out of the oven an hour ago.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:48 am »
Lovely photo Wonder of your Hot X Buns ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 09:14:07 am »
These were light and fluffy when I pulled them apart but I've learnt that we are a traditional family - all of cookies hot cross buns are gone but all 12 of these were still on the bench until DD's boyfriend reheated some in the microwave and declared them the best he's ever eaten! He didn't realize they were different to normal ones even though I told him a few times they were chocolate! I got him to take them home with him knowing they had found a good home.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 09:16:54 am »
At least the chocolate ones went to a good home Wonder ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.