Author Topic: tagine of vegetables  (Read 15420 times)

Offline Yoz

• View Profile
tagine of vegetables
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:22:33 pm »
Name of Recipe: Tagine of vegetables

Number of People: 4

Ingredients:
 1 onion
 20 g of olive oil
 1 beef bouillon cube
 500 g of water
 2 pinch of turmeric and paprika
 salt & pepper
 400 g carrots
 300 g of potatoes
 3 zucchinis
 20 green olives
 10 g of sour cream

Preparation:
Peel the onion and put in  *: . Mixer 6sec VIT4
Add oil and cook 5MN 100 ° VIT1
Add bouillon cube, water, turmeric, paprika and pepper insert the basket into  *:
let put the carrots and zucchini cut diagonally and potatoes (cut into 6 or 8 ) and olives. Cook 30MN VAROMA  :-: VIT2
By the end of cooking remove the rack and pour the vegetables into a serving dish and keep warm.
Add cream and reduce the sauce 5MN VAROMA  :-: VIT2 when ringing pour the sauce over the vegetables
Mix gently and serve with grilled meat

Photos:
Sorry but I've not had time everything was eaten too quickly  ;D

Lucyluu: Could I sub vege stock paste for the bullion cube, just to make a vegetarian dish? Possibly serve with grilled haloumi.

Yoz: yes you can, yesterday i've put an eggplant, cut into small cubes and I put it in the cooking water. You can replace the bouillon cube by what you want...

Lucyluu: We have this a lot especially when I don't feel like doing much cooking, (not that that happens a lot), its one of those put it all in a forget it for half an hour. Very easy and very nice. Instead of a pinch of tumeric and paprika I use a level teaspoon of tumeric and the same of hungarian sweet paprika, we can't have anything spicy hot due to an allergy. This goes great as a side with barbeque steak or sausages or fish or chicken. I vary the vegetables as well, broccoli, sweetpotato, beans with mushrooms on top always very nice no matter which way.

Cuilidh: For those of you who have made this - would coconut cream work as a replacement for sour cream?  How do you think it would turn out if I also included a dollop of vinegar if the 'sour' taste is necessary?

Lucyluu:I use lowfat Yoghurt instead of the sour cream, I think the coconut cream would give it a  :-\different taste. Maybe you could add some pineapple or dried apricots or both to give  more of a tropical taste to it.

DM: well, I added pumpkin and mushroom
only one potato
ommit olive
subs boulion with Massel stock cube
served with rice and fried halloumi
As running late, steaming vege in the pressure cooker
Yum!

JD: I had no onions so finally used some of a huge pack I chopped and froze ages ago when I bought a bargain priced bag of brown onions. There was probably more than the equivalent of 1 onion in what I thawed out.  I skipped the chopping stage, squeezed the liquid from the thawed onions and cooked them on varoma for 5 mins.  I added 1/4 tsp of both paprika and turmeric and at the end used 30g sour cream. 
A very tasty side dish, thanks Yoz - you will be pleased to see people are finally cooking your recipe   Thanks also to Lucyluu for bumping it.

Mab19: Made this for lunch today.  We found it a bit salty but that could be because I used a chicken stock cube, maybe half a one next time.  Other than that we loved it.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:18:56 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
Re: tagine of vegetables
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:24:54 am »
Thanks for that Yoz, sounds yummy. Could I sub vege stock paste for the bullion cube, just to make a vegetarian dish? Possibly serve with grilled haloumi.
Chief cook and bottle washer

Offline Yoz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 01:52:36 pm »
yes you can, yesterday i've put an eggplant, cut into small cubes and I put it in the cooking water. You can replace the bouillon cube by what you want...

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 05:00:04 am »
This sounds lovely, especially seved with halloumi.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:29 am »
Just thought I'd bump this.
We have this a lot especially when I don't feel like doing much cooking, (not that that happens a lot), its one of those put it all in a forget it for half an hour. Very easy and very nice. Instead of a pinch of tumeric and paprika I use a level teaspoon of tumeric and the same of hungarian sweet paprika, we can't have anything spicy hot due to an allergy. This goes great as a side with barbeque steak or sausages or fish or chicken. I vary the vegetables as well, broccoli, sweetpotato, beans with mushrooms on top always very nice no matter which way.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 02:56:23 am »
Thanks for the bump. I still haven't made it but definitely want to.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 04:30:27 am »
For those of you who have made this - would coconut cream work as a replacement for sour cream?  How do you think it would turn out if I also included a dollop of vinegar if the 'sour' taste is necessary?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:26 pm »
I use lowfat Yoghurt instead of the sour cream, I think the coconut cream would give it a  :-\different taste. Maybe you could add some pineapple or dried apricots or both to give  more of a tropical taste to it. If you do try that I'd be interested to hear how it went.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 09:18:38 pm »
This would be for dinner tonight.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:15 pm »
Thanks for bumping this Denzelmum, I had forgotten all about it.  MUST MUST MUST give it a try.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 10:33:14 pm »
Would love to see a photo of this one.  Sounds nice but I'd have to leave the olives out.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 11:12:14 pm »
I'd have to leave the olives out.
Me too,Judy.  Actually, looks like a good recipe to clear out a lot of odds and ends of vegetables from the fridge.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 08:22:05 am »
well, I added pumpkin and mushroom
only one potato
ommit olive
subs boulion with Massel stock cube

served with rice and fried halloumi

As running late, steaming vege in the pressure cooker.

Yum!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:23:56 am by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 09:00:49 am »
It looks so nice Denzelmum - I love the way the vegies glisten.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 03:17:16 am »
My photo looks completely different to yours Denzelmum but the taste negates that side of it, I really enjoyed this with some porterhouse steak cooked in the WeberQ and sprinkled with Spicy Herb Salt from the Indian Cookbook, review here.

I had no onions so finally used some of a huge pack I chopped and froze ages ago when I bought a bargain priced bag of brown onions. There was probably more than the equivalent of 1 onion in what I thawed out.  I skipped the chopping stage, squeezed the liquid from the thawed onions and cooked them on varoma for 5 mins.  I added 1/4 tsp of both paprika and turmeric and at the end used 30g sour cream.  

A very tasty side dish, thanks Yoz - you will be pleased to see people are finally cooking your recipe ;)  Thanks also to Lucyluu for bumping it.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:18:53 am by judydawn »