Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7925420 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #33570 on: July 27, 2017, 01:30:37 am »
Thanks again Gert. You are very funny. Don't think drawing is one of Rals many talents.
Morning all.
Overcast and a very dull morning.
Getting ready to go to Melb for 3 days. Looking after our GD while the rest of the family go skiing.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #33571 on: July 27, 2017, 01:34:25 am »
Good morning everyone.  Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #33572 on: July 27, 2017, 02:23:34 am »
Hope it went well, Margaret.  When do you get the results?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33573 on: July 27, 2017, 03:11:15 am »
Good morning all.  Have a great time in Melbourne with the grandies Chookie. Gert, you're so knowledgeable in technology - you probably leave the rest of us for dead.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33574 on: July 27, 2017, 05:40:17 am »
Good morning all.  Have a great time in Melbourne with the grandies Chookie. Gert, you're so knowledgeable in technology - you probably leave the rest of us for dead.

Not really Judy. I have just had to learn over the years to keep up with it and be the master of the techie stuff and not let the techie stuff be the master of me. Nothing makes me sadder than when I hear women relying on their grandkids to help with their phones and iPads. Truly it is not that hard and there is no mystery about it, just common sense and a willing to listen and read the damn instructions! And I would never let my grandkids think they were smarter than me. I want to be the "cool grannie" and show them how it Is done!

Gert

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #33575 on: July 27, 2017, 05:45:27 am »
Hello all
just popping on here while I have a few minutes before I have to go out in the cold and rain to pick up the girls from school  :)
Hope everyone is well :)
:D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #33576 on: July 27, 2017, 06:36:10 am »
Gert, I'm sure you are a real cool grannie, but then so am I.  :Dmy 'coolness ' does not involve technology in any form and the kids do delight  in showing me how to do something on the iPad. I will accept any help I can get. My ' coolness' I think probably comes from them knowing of my success in a male dominated profession. ( administrator in an Independent school.)
However I wish I was 'cool' with the computer. I am working on it, with lots of help. Recently , the Apple Care  man said I had made his day when I explained that once shown I can do something, like a monkey, but haven't a clue why it works.
I have just ordered a IPad Pro, 12.9, grey, with a keyboard case and pencil, for Ral. Wifi, 256 GB. Thanks for your help.
I am a bit confused about the mention of money on the SIM card. Is this so you can use GB?

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #33577 on: July 27, 2017, 08:15:48 am »
So Ral gets the big one!!! Noice.  Yes if you have already a SIM card with money/ GB /data on it, that is what you use when you cannot get wifi.

So when I go for a walk in town along the waterfront, I will pop into a cafe and using the Telstra 3G or 4 G to access the data to download my emails, Sydney Morning Herald, The Weekend Australian and The Cairns Post while drinking my coffee. That way I am using my pre paid SIM card. I go to settings, TURN WIFI OFF. Make sure Mobile Data is on  and away you go. Just remember to turn wifi back on and Mobile Data off when you are in a wifi spot so you do not use up all your data. But you have a lot of GB/data you will probably never use so it matters not a lot. I move my SIM card from IPad to iPad depending on what one I want to carry, usually my mini because it fits in my handbag.

Make sure you turn Mobile Data off when using your  iPads unless you are wanting it when out of range of wifi.

I have a bucket load of GB to use, maybe 80GB because like you I just keep renewing the $180 and 12 GB before the expiriry date. I have a fear of running out of "JUICE" even if I don't use it. I am going on a cruise in October so will not be buying expensive slow wifi and will use my Mobile GBytes for downloading my emails. Hopefully Telstra will be available along the way.

Hope that explains it but I will have another go if  I have confused you. So take your old SIM card out. Take it into Telstra and tell them to give you a nano card loaded up with whatever is on your current SIM? If you decide to get yourself a new iPad you will be able to switch the card between iPads when you want to take it away with you.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33578 on: July 27, 2017, 12:11:25 pm »
Gert you have made my decision so easy, thank you.
I'm sure Ral will have fun with the pencil Chookie. I'm not too sure how I will use it at the moment, but that saying from someone on the forum........if you want it and can afford it......why not.
I hope to get mine early August.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #33579 on: July 27, 2017, 01:17:55 pm »
Gert you have made my decision so easy, thank you.
I'm sure Ral will have fun with the pencil Chookie. I'm not too sure how I will use it at the moment, but that saying from someone on the forum........if you want it and can afford it......why not.
I hope to get mine early August.

LOL I got Chookie and cookie mixed up. Of course it is you Cookie with  the SIM with all the  GBYTES. Anyway now you both have the info!!!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33580 on: July 27, 2017, 01:22:27 pm »
We're both raring to go. 😄😄😄

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33581 on: July 27, 2017, 01:36:48 pm »
Hi friends.
Showery here today.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #33582 on: July 28, 2017, 07:33:59 am »
Good afternoon everyone.  Nice and sunny here today
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #33583 on: July 28, 2017, 08:11:59 am »
Morning all.
Bit late today. Ordered and paid for IPad Pro on the phone yesterday.  following Gert's good advice. We picked it up today and they set it up at the shop.
Cookie, my advice is to order what you want a couple of weeks before you want it as they didn't have exactly the colour Ral wanted. After ordering you have 21 days to collect it.
The pen, $145 , is wonderful. Think I will enjoy this. ,!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33584 on: July 28, 2017, 08:40:02 am »
Thanks for the advice Chookie. What colour did Ral select?