Author Topic: How to get recent posts to top  (Read 10033 times)

Offline Lisa70

• View Profile
How to get recent posts to top
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:51:31 pm »
How do you get recent posts at the top of the page. It is my first day on the Forum and some topics are quite old and the old posts are the first ones I see.

Also, I noticed some posts have a blue "new". How does this work? ???

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: How to get recent posts to top
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. If you go to your profile at the top of the page then to forum layout (I think that's where it is) there is an option there somewhere to view newer posts first.
(I am using app on my phone and can't remember exactly where it is sorry. )
But I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:10:32 am »
Lisa, wherever you see the word 'last post' on the right hand side of the screen (it isn't everywhere), just click on the arrow so that it is pointing down and the latest postings will be at the top.  They will be under anything that moderators have made a sticky ie important things that will always stay at the top of the page.  If the arrow is pointing up, the latest postings will be at the bottom of the page.
I've just had a fiddle with it and found this out for myself although mine was in the right position to start with anyway.  I thought there was something else we could change (without going into our profiles) to make sure this happened but have not been able to find it.  Any more suggestions from members would be appreciated.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:37 am »
In the User Info window where you see your avatar, up the top of the page, you will see "Show unread posts since last visit".
Click on that and all the posts you haven't seen yet since last log on will be listed.
If you only want the last post of any of the topics, on the far right of that post you will see what looks like a little page.
Click on that and it will take you to the last posting of that topic.

hope this is clear enough.

Offline Lisa70

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 02:37:46 pm »
Okey dokey, thanks Judy and July   :)