Author Topic: Dukan Diet Oatbran Muffins  (Read 40188 times)

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
Dukan Diet Oatbran Muffins
« on: November 20, 2010, 03:05:32 am »
Name of Recipe:
Dukan Diet Oatbran Muffins
Number of People:
makes 6
Ingredients:
140g oatbran
3 eggs
20g baking powder
20 - 40g sweetener (I use Natvia made from stevia) can use maple syrup or sugar.
310g low fat vanilla (or flavoured) yoghurt. I use Ski D'Light Honey Buzz or Mundella Low Fat Vanilla.
Mixture will seem alarmingly runny.

Preparation:
Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with oil.
Preheat oven to 180.
Put all ingredients into TM bowl, blend for about 30 seconds on speed 4.
Pour or spoon into muffin tins (6).
Bake for 20 - 25 mins 180.
Let cool a little before using a knife to run round the edges of each muffin hole to release.

These are adapted from the Dukan Diet's 'galette' of which you have one a day while on the Attack or Cruise phase.
I have adjusted the recipe to make muffins and each contains the daily allowance as per original single galette recipe (which is cooked in a pan).
Whether you are on this diet or not, they are delicious - my kids take one each day in their lunchboxes or have them for brekky.
Wrap each one in greaseproof paper and freeze - to defrost and heat, 50 seconds in microwave.

Photos:
attached

Tips/Hints:
Recipe can easily be doubled but rather than doubling eggs, use 4 or 5.

Offline Cookie-la-la

• View Profile
Re: Dukan Diet Oatbran Muffins
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:49:42 am »
Just found this recipe, thanks cottchick!  I am on a "healthier eating" plan and have lost 21kg (in 5 months) but still need to lose another 15+ kg to get down under 80kg!  My biggest downfall is orange & poppy seed muffins, I just love, love, love them and can't resist them when I see them at coffee shops so I'll try to use this recipe to make them myself!

I think re the sweetener, I'll try honey as it's low gi and I'd rather not go the artificial sweetener route if I can avoid it -- will try halving the honey in the first batch and see if they're sweet enough, with the yoghurt I use, I may not need any sugar at all so maybe I will try with none at all first and the adjust from there if needed.

My nan was a diabetic with cholesterol issues and had a recipe book that told her to substitute one cup of water per egg in recipes so might try not using as many eggs, too.     

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 02:42:02 pm »
Congratulations on your weight loss Cookie-la-la  :D.   I have been eating the Dr Dukan way since January and have lost just over 20kg in 5 months too. 

Now I am ready to start experimenting with some "healthy" muffin recipes.  This one seems a great start.  I was thinking of making it a little bit evil though, by dropping in some orange, and Lindt Choc Orange  ;D.  Thanks Cottchick .
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline Cookie-la-la

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:04:59 am »
Thanks O4aTT!  Congratulations to you, too!  Would you be able to briefly outline the way Dr Dukan diet works, ie what's involved?  I've not really read much into diets, my head doesn't like the whole 'restriction' thing idea, as soon as it's told you can't, it rebels.  lol  All I've been doing is concentrating on portion control - everything in moderation.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 08:09:54 am »
Always up for a new diet. Have lost 8kg but still 3 to go. Finding it hard to shift. Any info you can post would be appreciated.

Offline Maluhia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 01:07:13 pm »
I'm new to the Dukan Diet but loving it thus far. 

It starts with a 2-10 day "Attack" Protein only phase depending on how much weight you have to loose (I'm attempting 30 kg so I had a 6 day attack phase).  Then it alternates between Pure Protein and Protein + Vegetables days until goal, then has a stabilization phase where you ease back in other foods until, in the long-term, you are having 3 Tbs. Oat Bran Daily, No Elevator Use under 5 floors, and Protein only Thursdays forever, and otherwise eat what you like. 

So far I've found great luck with the Oatbran Muffins in the TMX, and the Pumpkin Soup (sans the Oil, just sprayed the bowl before sauteing the onions instead).

Offline koenardinho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:54:33 pm »
I will try these with some fat-free cacao from the dukan shop... will use stevia as opposed to canderel as it's more a natural product.

Offline koenardinho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:03:31 pm »
Thanks O4aTT!  Congratulations to you, too!  Would you be able to briefly outline the way Dr Dukan diet works, ie what's involved?  I've not really read much into diets, my head doesn't like the whole 'restriction' thing idea, as soon as it's told you can't, it rebels.  lol  All I've been doing is concentrating on portion control - everything in moderation.
It's a really fast and efficient way to lose weight. However!!! Make sure that you go through all 4 phases. Quitting in the middle is a road to failure...

Offline koenardinho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:34:40 pm »
Great success!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »
sure do look good koenardinho  ;D

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 11:24:08 pm »
Great success!

Bet your glad you found this forum koenardinho ( that's a mouth full of a forum name) :)
Great looking muffin
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.