Author Topic: MANDARIN MARMALADE  (Read 11388 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
MANDARIN MARMALADE
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:33:06 am »
I have been put under a little bit of pressure 5 minutes ago and asked if I can make mandarin marmalade tomorrow  in the Thermomix...

Does anyone have a true tried and favourite recipe??(preferable converted!!! I can convert but am running on 3.5 hours sleep at the moment so feeling lazy ... tomorrow should be a different story  :D)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MANDARIN MARMALADE
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:53:45 am »
Chookie has a Tangello marmalade on her blog Kathryn, would that be similar to mandarin?

Here's an uncoverted mandarin recipe.  Not much around that I could find, sorry.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:18 pm »
I'm sure I have seen a recipe for a mandarin marmalade in one of my jam books.  I'll check for you as soon as I can get the kids to sleep!

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:14:25 am »
Faffa I know it's probably too late .......

But I found the mandarin marmalade recipe in the ww preserves book

1 kg mandarins
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 liter water
1.1 kg white sugar.

I haven't converted to TMX yet so here are the unconverted directions:

Combine whole mandarins, lemon juice and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approx 45 mins.

Remove mandarins from liquid, reserve liquid. Coarsely chop mandarins including rind but discarding any pips.  Rturn the chopped fruit to the liquid.

Return fruit mixture and sugar to pan, stir over high heat, without boiling until sugar dissolves.  Bring to the boil. Boil uncovered, without stirring for about 30 mins or until jam jells.

If anyone feels like converting ....."....

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:32:12 am »
This is too much for the TMX.  Would mahe 1/2.   Also think there is probably too much sug.   Use the Tangelo recipe.  Sorry didn't see this until today.

Offline luel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 06:43:10 am »
Hi all
I have heaps of tangelos ripening on my tree and at the moment I'm the only 'eater' of them in the house, my husband is yet be be converted to the delish tartness of them.  Though saying that the ones I've eaten have been the juiciest ever!
So I thought I'd better look for other thing to do with them. 
Chookie, I've had a look at the recipe on your blog.  Is the result yummy?  I'm not really a marmalade lover so am a bit shy to make some.  Does it set well, or do I need some jamsetta?

Thanks
Kristina

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 09:42:37 am »
luel,  all jams depend on the amount of pectin,   We don't like our marmalade too tart so sometimes jamsetta is necessary to get the balance for setting. You could also add more lemon juice.  Give it a go . ;D  We love this for breakfast on sourdough bread.  TMX of course.