Author Topic: Competition No 1 for the book Entertaining with Dani Valent for TM31 owners  (Read 14485 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As mentioned in my previous post http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=17310.0 here is our latest giveaway from H.O.  Please read the rules carefully as they are not the same as previous competitions.

1)  Due to the weight of the books (1.3kg) this competition is only open to Australian members

2)  To be eligible to enter you must have a minimum of 50 posts on this forum as at 3rd March 2017   

3a)  We want you to tell us which forum recipe is your favourite for entertaining, do you make it for formal or casual occasions? Please share a link to this recipe and your own photo from when you made it.  It can be sweet or savoury. This will earn you 1 entry into the competition.

3b)  If you convert or create an original new recipe you will earn 2 entries into the competition. Please post your recipe and photo in the appropriate section of the forum and provide the link only with your entry.

4)  This competition will run for 4 weeks and will close at midnight Western Australian time on the 2nd April 2017.  Master Moderator will draw the random winning entries as soon as possible thereafter.

5)  Numbering of the entries will be done by the Moderators at the bottom of this thread once the competition has been closed and before handing over to MM for the draw.  If you have earned 2 entries they will be numbered consecutively.

6)  Limit of 1 entry per person

7)  You may make a comment within your own posting but random comment postings are not permitted and any made will be removed by the Moderators as will any entry that does not comply with the rules.  MM or Moderators are the exception to this rule.

8)  This part of the competition is open to owners of TM31.  If you have both a TM31 and TM5 you may enter either or both competitions.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:11:10 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've spent many nights looking through recipe books to convert something savoury for this competition but with the Thermomix being around for so long now, it's getting harder and harder to find something that is suitable but has not been done by someone with a TMX.  I therefore decided to try something already posted on our forum and came up with this Moroccan Lamb recipe because, although many have made it (including myself), no-one has posted a photo.  That could be because it tastes better than it looks!  http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1147.0

I have now posted this picture on the original recipe.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:51:54 am by judydawn »

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
I made this recipe for a family get-together where one of our guests had just started on the elimination phase of a low FODMAP diet (the strictest part). I made this tart as the 'birthday cake'. It was a real winner and all the guests enjoyed it! I may not make the base FODMAP Friendly again, but I will certainly make the curd!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
No occasion at my place is complete without bread! 

Chookies Plain White Rolls (No Fuss) recipe is an easy versatile recipe which I love.  It the first bread recipe I had success with when I first bought my TMX years ago.   A few dismal bread failures using recipes from the original EDC almost put me off bread making, but Chookies “no fuss” recipe gave me hope I could be a bread maker.

I love how this recipe is so adaptable and you can use any sort of flour, seeds etc that you like to make different sorts of bread from the base recipe.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=4253.0

Here's a photo of when I made a bread "wreath" for Xmas.  Not perfect, but everyone enjoyed love the taste.

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
As usual my recipe is for biscuits. If you don't like chai these are probably not for you. Other tea flavours may work though, eg chocolate, banana etc.
I have posted my recipe for Chai biscuits here.
Big cheer, I thought I had forgotten how to link!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
I have made this tart so many times, mainly because I have had so many requests for it! It's very easy to make and I have used lemons successfully if I haven't had limes.
I have used all sorts of fruits for the topping: raspberries; grapes; strawberries; blueberries or any combination, or even a drizzle of melted chocolate. I also often serve it with a berry coulis. I usually don't bother with the glaze, although it is easy to do.

Glazed Kiwi and Lime Tart with Pistachio Crust

Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The competition is now closed.Thank you everyone who participated.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks Denise.  Thanks to those who entered this competition, below are your numbers for the draw which MM will do at his convenience.

Book entrants
Judy  No. 1
Jamberie Nos 2 & 3
Katie No 4
Cookie Nos 5 & 6
Sue_Purrb No 7

Good luck everyone.

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
Morning/ Evening all,

I have done the draw and I am happy to announce that the number drawn was 1

This means that Judy has won Dani's Recipe Book :-)

Many congratulations to Judy and also a big thank you to her for organising this competition.

Thank you to those that participated.

Here is the video lin of the draw  https://youtu.be/E-FHzr819i0

MM

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks MM for the draw and I must admit I was surprised to have my entry drawn out as No 1 never wins anything!

However, I obviously omitted to mention there are 2 books in this competition so I have messaged MM to ask that he please do another draw, removing my number seeing as I have already won a prize.  So don't lose heart if you entered, there will be another draw in due course.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:04:33 am by judydawn »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Judy, that is really wonderful and well deserved.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
I'm so pleased you won Judy! Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks girls, I'm in shock.  Off to break the seal and have a look through the book.  Good luck in the next draw.

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
Hi all,

Sorry, I forgot that there are 2 draws per competition. I'll try and do number 2 today. I hope the suspense will not ruin your evening :-)

MM

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Congratulation Judy.So thrilled that you won  :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.