Author Topic: Problems/errors with the TM5?  (Read 9662 times)

Offline MEP

• View Profile
Problems/errors with the TM5?
« on: June 23, 2016, 02:33:56 pm »
I do not wish/choose to live without a TMX or equivalent anymore.

However, I'm reading some very scary and off-putting problems about the TM5 on Facebook. Has anyone here on the forum experienced operating problems that you've had to send your machine away for servicing? I never once had any probs with TM31 in the three years I owned it. Maybe Vorwerk are rushing the build of the TM5 and that's the reason for the problems?

Whilst I would love a TM5, I'm very reluctant to go ahead because of what I'm reading and the fact it will be a mail order purchase (too few consultants in the US and probably won't be any in my area for years to come) so I have to teach myself (no dramas) but also have to organize for servicing if needed by myself, plus pay for shipping which could easily be hundreds of dollars both ways.

Does anyone have any experience or know of others happy or not with the Tefal cooking companion?
From Perth WA

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problems/errors with the TM5?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 05:42:05 pm »
I've had the error message C160 with my TM5 MEP but it was fixed under warranty by Thermomix UK.I haven't had anymore problems.

Don't know much about the Tefal Cooks Companion but there is a lady who lives in Australia who bought a Magimix Cook Expert that might help with your research.
http://www.thefloshow.com/i-chose-magimix-cook-expert/

I still love my Thermomix ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 06:10:04 am »
Like Denise my TM 5 had to go back for a C160 error. Occasionally it jumps out of the kneading mode, but I just turn it back on. I love it as well as my TM 31.

There is a Kitchen Aid thermomix available here now too. Possibly it's available in the US too.
https://kitchenaid.com.au/products/cook-processor-0
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:14:45 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:42:39 am »
Thanks CC and Cookie.

I'm not sure why but the KitchenAid cooking appliance is not available in the US.
From Perth WA

Offline Azure111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:56:24 pm »
Thanks CC and Cookie.

I'm not sure why but the KitchenAid cooking appliance is not available in the US.

I have said it before, but I am sure it has to do with the price point why it is not offered here.  From what I see, it is 10% less than the TM5 but speaking to you as American to American....how many of kitchenaid's products in the US cost over $1,000?  Not many except maybe some of the Pro line items and the mixers.  In fact, kitchenaid has gotten really cheap over the years in terms of quality...at least for what they offer in the US.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:17:00 pm »
Agreed Azure111, I was very surprised by the prices of the KA mixers compared to Australia. I remember paying AUD$700 for my KA mixer from David Jones in Australia many years ago. I paid about US$200 for same mixer when I moved here two years ago.
From Perth WA

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 08:25:05 am »
I had a fault with the closing of the lid with mine. I thought it was just a rubbish lid design, which was very finicky, until it stopped working altogether!  Fortunately it was still within warranty and was fixed with no fuss at all. I was without Thermie for a week though, which was a bit traumatic. Since being back I realise how problem free the lid should have been! 
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 09:04:00 am »
Hi CarolineW. I'm glad it was fixed. It's good to be aware of these things.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/