There are many recipes for Paleo bread. I need a plain white that can be made into mini loaves and frozen and I wanted it to slice well and to be able to spread with butter without it falling apart and finally to taste like bread. ( Here is my favourite that takes just 3/4 hour to make. ) You could double this quantity if you need to freeze a larger amount.
Paleo Sandwich Bread in mini tins
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 Tbs Coconut Oil
1 cups Almond Flour
1 cups Tapioca Flour
1 desertspoons Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to (190 c).
2. Grease loaf pans or line with parchment paper When making "minis" like mine, I spray my tins with a cake release spray.
3. Add eggs and apple sauce and coconut oil into the TMX bowl and mix 20secs/speed 3 (don't overmix)
4. Add all the dry ingredients to the egg mixture mix 30secs/speed 4 to a smooth consistency. Stop and scrape down as required.
5. Divide the mixture between the pans to make loaves. .Bake for approximately 30-50 minutes for loaves or 15 minutes for muffins, or until a toothpick test comes out clean. My general rule of thumb is that when you begin to smell it (provided you have a decent sense of smell), its nearly done and should be checked.
6. Bread will keep for about 5-7 days in a ziplock bag, or you can slice and freeze, toasting individual slices as desired. This is a great recipe to make in a large batch so you can freeze extra loaves and always have something on-hand.
5 stars - This recipe made my 6 mini loaf tins. I found it moist and easy to cut. It tasted really just like plain bread and I was able to spread butter on it without difficulty. - 21/10/2015