Author Topic: Release of Thermomix in USA  (Read 16120 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Release of Thermomix in USA
« on: August 16, 2015, 02:21:16 am »
Hi all, Don't know if it has been mentioned before (since I have not been on much recently) but there is an article in House Beautiful about a "blender" being released in the USA. The most interesting point is that it costs $1200 in the USA.  Even with the difference in exchange rates that it nearly half of what we have to pay.

http://www.housebeautiful.com/shopping/home-gadgets/a4128/cooking-blender-thermomix/?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1451_220296939
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 02:22:49 am by courton »

Offline MEP

• View Profile
Re: Release of Thermomix in USA
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 02:32:52 am »
Yeah!! Thanks for the link. I have been eagerly awaiting this announcement. I wonder how Vorwerk will market and when.
From Perth WA

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:39:05 am »
Thanks for the info Courton.
This must be great news for you MEP. :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:41:56 am by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 10:59:31 am »
Very exciting Mep.
I wonder why the big price difference?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 01:37:30 pm »
Guess you can only sell for what people will pay.  Shame us Aussies have to pay so much.
Denise

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 03:15:19 pm »
Agreed Bedlam. I think it would still struggle at that price though. The convenience of pre-cooked foods is just too easy here in the U.S. Even my MIL can't see why I take pride in cooking from scratch using fresh and natural ingredients. She says she can get everything for just as good from " Sam's Club" - a mega Big W equivalent.

Plus, the exchange rate is very bad at present. $1 Aussie buys around $0.70 U.S.
From Perth WA

Offline Melissa USA Consultant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 02:37:11 pm »
Thermomix TM5 released in the US!

I am one of the first Thermomix Consultants in the US, and am so excited that it is finally here. We have been waiting for years and years. (I had to get my TM31 through Canada!)

If you know anyone in the US who is interested in learning more, feel free to pass along my contact info. email: melissa.thermomixus@gmail.com

Happy Thermomixing!

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 10:08:31 pm »
As a matter of interest what is the price of TMX 5 in USA? Will you be working with Lynette Mcdonald?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 07:18:17 pm »
Lynette was one of the people who trained me! Do you know her from Australia? The US Thermomix office is full of experienced folks who have been with Thermomix in other countries, and it is wonderful to learn from them.

I do not think that Thermomix corporate would like me posting the introductory US price in a public forum, but I am happy to share it with anyone who reaches out to me privately. I can be reached at melissa.thermomixus@gmail.com

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 06:53:23 pm »
I can't comprehend all the secrecy re pricing - we are living in a global economy afterall. The "introductory" price is $1299 plus taxes so based on the current exchange rate and an average 7.25% sales tax, it would equate to $2,000 AUD. Hence, it's not that much cheaper at all.
From Perth WA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 07:35:30 pm »
Mep - You are absolutely right about the price. And I don't know why there is a reluctance to share the price in public forums either. Perhaps it is so as not to scare off people who don't know much about the Thermomix and may just see the price and run in the other direction? In doing demonstrations, we are very upfront about the price, but there we have an opportunity to demonstrate the value.   

One thing to note about the US price, there is no shipping charge and no sales tax in all by 2 states, so it is $1299 all in, which I think is about $1750 Australian (where $1USD = $1.35 AUD). How much is it in Australia?

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 01:44:53 am »
I'm not sure of Australian price.

Are you saying 48 out of 50 US States do not have sales tax? If so, that's not correct.
From Perth WA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 04:58:38 am »
Sorry, if it sounded like I was saying that only 2 states have sales tax. In fact, 45 of the 50 states currently have a sales tax. What I am saying is that because the Thermomix is shipped by mail, sales tax is not required in all states, only those with a nexus (also called sufficient physical presence). This is the  determining factor of whether an out-of-state business selling products into a state is liable for collecting sales or use tax on sales into the state. For Thermomix, it means sales tax is charged to addresses in California and Texas only.

Hope that explains it!

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 09:14:49 am »
Thanks for clarifying Melissa USA Consultant.
From Perth WA

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 11:25:53 am »
The TM5 is $2089 AUD or thereabouts here, depending on whether a payment plan was used, which adds a little.