Author Topic: Baked Lemon Cheesecake  (Read 38506 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Baked Lemon Cheesecake
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:09:22 am »
It is lemon season and our tree is overflowing, so I thought it appropriate that my first recipe posting should be a lemon one. This is my TM conversion of a recipe that originated from Super Food Ideas magazine. It is fast becoming a family favourite.

Baked Lemon Cheesecake

Number of People:12 (but 8-10 is more realistic!)

Ingredients:
250g Plain Sweet Biscuits (we prefer Granita)
140g Butter, cubed
500g Cream Cheese, cubed (room temp preferred but not essential)
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
3 teas Lemon Rind, grated (peel rind from lemons and grate 10 secs, speed 8. Keep 3 teas and freeze rest for another use)
3 Eggs
1/4 cup Lemon Juice

Preparation:
Preheat oven 160°C (140°FF).
Lightly grease 20cm springform tin (6cm deep) and line base with baking paper.
Place biscuits and cubed butter in TM bowl and crush 5-6 seconds, speed 6-7.  Then cook 2 minutes, 90°, speed 3.
Press mixture evenly over base and sides of tin.  Refrigerate 15 minutes.
Meanwhile wash and dry TM bowl.  
Place cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind in TM bowl and blend 20 seconds, speed 6.
Scrape down sides and base to loosen mixture if needed.
Add eggs and lemon juice beat 1-2 minutes, speed 4, until smooth.  Scrape down bowl if needed after 1 minute.
Pour into prepared tin, place on baking tray (to catch any butter drips from base) and bake 50-60 minutes or until filling is just set (mixture may wobble a bit in center, but will firm on standing).
Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven to cool with door ajar.
When cool refrigerate at least 4 hours (tastes better if left overnight).

Tips/Hints:
For a vanilla variation omit rind and lemon juice. Beat 300g sour cream with the cream cheese and add 3 teas vanilla essence with the eggs.

Members' comments
Greyhoundmum -  This cheesecake was very yummy, I topped it with some berries and strawberry coulis.

Denzelmum - Everybody loves the cheesecake.  I use Nice biscuit for the crust and serve it with raspberry coulis (EDC recipe).

Bedlam - Baked this yesterday. A really nice cheesecake especially good as our family favourite has gelatine and my vegetarian DD cant eat it. This seems  one that improves with being kept a day or two, so handy for large gatherings and making ahead.
Thanks for sharing Kimmyh.

AussieMum2Boys - Omg amazing... this is such a delicious cheese cake!! Yummmmmmm

tarasis - I keep meaning to post in here to say thanks Kimmy, we loved this cheesecake the two times we've made it so far. Absolutely delicious. First time had strawberries in it, the second didn't. Can't recommend it highly enough.

ES - Thanks for this recipe. It was a hit for Father's Day lunch.

Tasty - I have made a recipe like this several times in the past so was pleased to find the recipe for a Thermomix. I used this recipe and added sour cream like my original recipe had and then topped it with blueberries. Guests all enjoyed it with only 1 slice left. Personally though, I prefer the vanilla flavour.

Foodgroupie - It's in the oven as we speak, taking it to the in laws tomorrow for dinner, had a little taste, DIVINE! thanks for the recipe. Will def be making this again. So, so easy.

Kimmyh - Made a passionfruit version of this recipe for DH's birthday.
You will need 2/3 cup of passionfruit pulp. Strain by pushing through a sieve to get as much juice as possible (almost 1/2 cup). Reserve1 tablespoon of seeds.
Omit rind and lemon juice. Beat 300g sour cream with the cream cheese and add strained passionfruit juice and 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste with the eggs. Pour into tin and add 1 tabs of reserved passionfruit seeds to top and swirl through with a knife. Bake as per recipe. I served it with fresh berries and passionfruit coulis.

BZB - Thanks for the recipe, Kimmy. Good size for the airfryer. Baked at 140c. Got browning at the surface though. I should have checked it earlier than 30 mins, and covered with foil. Anyway the strawberry coulis managed to hide the spots. My 2 older boys went for 2nd helping straight after their first slice.

CC - Another success with your recipe Kimmy. We ate it for dessert Easter Sunday.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:14:13 pm by judydawn »

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
Re: Baked Lemon Cheesecake
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:13:55 am »
HI Kimmyh
I also have an adundance of lemons, I cant wait to try this. Thank you

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:33:17 am »
No worries. I must say I accidentally doubled the lemon juice in this recipe on the weekend and used 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 cup and DH loved it with more lemon juice, but I found it too lemony. Of course he is the one that can suck the juice from lemon chunks, not me. Happy baking. ;D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 07:35:38 am »
Will be making this after our weekend.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 07:19:01 am »
Really want to make this butn the recipe part of the post is not there, does anyone know if it has moved?

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 07:57:33 am »
Thanks KimmyH, loved a baked cheesecake, will make this tomorrow :) :) :)
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Mama Fergie

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 08:03:41 am »
I can still see the recipe GHM  :)

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 08:04:54 am »
so can I GHM
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 09:01:17 am »
that is so bizarre when i logged out and back in again the recipe appeared. i am going to do a screen dump in case it happens again!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »
this cheesecake was very yummy, I topped it with some berries and strawberry coulis.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 04:08:46 pm »
I could eat that very easily. Looks lovely GHM
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 04:26:13 pm »
Looks delicious GHM :) I luv cheesecake but don't make it very often as I tend to scoff the lot :-X
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 06:37:40 am »
Colleague at work turn 50 and requested cheesecake.  It's sitting in the oven to cool down now, looking good.  I'd love to copy GHM style to top it up with berry and coulis. 
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 07:41:02 am »
I have lemons, lemon juice, and lime juice.

have printed. Thanks.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 02:58:51 am »
Everybody loves the cheesecake.  I use Nice biscuit for the crust and serve it with raspberry coulis (EDC recipe)
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.